PDA

View Full Version : Sugestions For machines pleas

Kai
07-04-2011, 01:11 AM
I am now looking at or for a small mid desktop milling machine with a auto tool changer.
Would like if poss for it to be R8 fittings.
The bed size would like to be x300-500mm y300-400mm z300-400
I dont know a lot about what machines are out there but DO need the tool changer.
Now for a lathe would like up to 300-400 between centres and a tail stock.
I turn very thin work 8.5mm over 180-250mm out of brass and ally. Thiswould also need a tool changer.

Does anyone out there know of somthing that could fill that spec?

If so please post and a like to your suggestion

Many thanks Rik

M250cnc
07-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Rik with a cutting area that size you are looking at a Bridgeport and that is not a desktop.

For a toolchanger R8 is a no no unless you use the TTS system, i think DENFORD made some mills with a toolchanger but you need to make sure the holders are still available. The holders have to be one taper with a pull stud to hold them in place.

Lathes don't have toolchangers per sa they use a carousel, for the lenghts you will be turning you will need a tailstock with a revolving centre and it is debateable whether the carrosel would be able to rotate while the tailstock is in place.

I thought of making one for my lathe but you can only have up to six stations if your lucky more with a bigger lathe and i use over 30 tools so it wasn't worth it.

Phil

i2i
07-04-2011, 10:18 PM
for the lathe a Denford orac would be a good buy, and there's a guy who does a toolchanger for it with 8 stations, the mill is going to be a big un, unless you could get away with a router.