PDA

View Full Version : Denford Triac Spindle Fault

Sam_Smith
27-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum but have been using the Denford Triac 3 axis CNC machine (in standard form) in my shed for a couple of years. I've been very impressed with its ability to work with tougher materials which I regularly work with when building fighting robots.

Recently, the spindle has stopped working. The relays still audibly 'click' but the motor doesn't even try to rotate. This is the case for both forward and reverse. The rest of the machine (3 axis movement etc) seems to function perfectly.

I would welcome any advice on fault finding or any experienced suggestions to indicate which part has failed.

Many Thanks,
Sam

fidia
01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Spindle motor windings may need to be re - wound

i2i
01-05-2011, 10:23 PM
are you using denfords controller, or mach3

Sam_Smith
02-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Hi Guys,

The strange thing was that while I have pushed the machine hard in the passed and got the spindle motor quite warm, on the occasion it failed it had just finished some light pocketing in ali finished the program and spun down. This made me think it was a motor driver or possibly a relay failure. I'm using the standard Triac software (all manually G coded).

As i'm not sure which model or year the machine is, i've uploaded some photos for identification.

Thanks,
Sam

i2i
03-05-2011, 01:02 AM
unfortunately there's not a lot of info available for this early version. Check the fuses on the back panel as there may be a seperate fuse for the spindle. Check the fuse on the spindle inverter (rear left), it may be that the inverter has failed.

Sam_Smith
04-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the tips, I've checked the 3 fuses I can see on the main board, and two more in plastic screw cases towards the back of the machine on the left. They all look ok, are there any others I might have missed?