PDA

View Full Version : Solidcam error

Kai
05-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I have solidworks 2010 and solid cam2010.
All was ok when I was doing little single parts but I got a job to do a load of dogtags
and with the size of my machine being x160 y100 I wanted to put one sheet of material in and cut them out from that. Thats when the problem starts I define all the parts then try to define the stack and I get a program crash and have to restart if I do not restart the computer the solidworks will not run right at all.

Have I missed anything or am I doing it wrong?

I bought a business that was going under and these were on the camputers that cam from the business so I have no contracts for support.

ptjw7uk
05-05-2011, 06:59 PM
If the system works for small jobs, it could be simply running out of space, memory etc
Try building up the amount it does until it goes pear shape.
Theres nothing to stop you getting the code for each one and then joining them at the maching stage!

Peter

Kai
09-05-2011, 01:26 AM
If the system works for small jobs, it could be simply running out of space, memory etc
Try building up the amount it does until it goes pear shape.
Theres nothing to stop you getting the code for each one and then joining them at the maching stage!

Peter

I dont think this is a memory error I have the same set up on a laptop and it has 4 gig less memory than the one with the problem so games wide open

ptjw7uk
09-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Does it still bomb out on the laptop at the same place!
Peter

Kai
10-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Yes not sure why though. There are 12 items in the drawing all the same "dog tags" ther is a basic 22mmx40mm with rounded corners. I have selected them all and once got to the boarders screen but never since so I know I am doing it correct too, for the life of me have no idea why it will not work oh well back to the drawing board and one at a time cause they need tham sooner rather than later. It's time like this I wish there was an AI in the bl**dy computer at least then you could threaten it and stand a chance of it working.
(just as a side note while trying to pen this little response I am in bed at the end of a nice day with my wife sat there reading a free book that came from the caravan mag she reads No I am not an avid caravan man and no offence to those that are. Every now and then I get bits read out to me about a true storie of three men and a milkfloat going from lowerstoft to lands end as you can guess I am still for now I hope managing to feign intrest in it. Oh how riverting it is to hear how they have many times they have tried and still failed to get a speeding ticket in a 30 zone in a standard milkfloat with a max speed of 10mph. Is it me or have I missed somthing here ???

i2i
10-05-2011, 03:41 PM
generate the cam and setup seperate work offsets for each then tag the code on after each one calling g55, g56 ect.