PDA

View Full Version : BUILD LOG: Cheers lads xxxx

blackburn mark
14-05-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.vimeo.com/23725581

I guess a diy cnc is never quite finished but this one is about as finished as its going to get

im pretty happy with how well it all worked out :)

good luck to all you buggars half way through your build.... try not to sup to much WD40 :)

Web Goblin
14-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Nice one. Im glad you got it all finished. Nice bit of video too.

Regards

Ian

ecat
15-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Grats! Excellent video :)

Jonathan
15-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Agreed, nicely edited video. Have you got any high resolution pictures from it? It looks like you've made another spindle and put a fly cutter made from a lathe tool in it?

blackburn mark
16-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Have you got any high resolution pictures from it?

of the machine or the spindle ?

It looks like you've made another spindle and put a fly cutter made from a lathe tool in it

your half right jonathan
its the same 2000w spindle with a simple flycutter i modified, (my main work horse.. the other two spindles i made dont get used very often)

the un-holy jumbles of it all is hidden in the video (art :redface: ) but here it is naked and looking scruffy, it works nice though :smile:

this is the last thing i made for the machine
3.175mm carbide shaft through brass, i cut up a torsion spring from a large shaft oil seal as the stops, simple and easy to adjust
i think the secret to getting these drag engavers to work well is grinding a good accurate point, i could probaby do with trying a more shallow angle with this one but its working well enough for me to just let it be untill it needs sharpening :)