PDA

View Full Version : First Plasma Cutter

antsals
15-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Been working on my cnc plasma cutter for a while as normal time and money slows everything up. I've attached a few pictures to show progress if anyone has any question / comments......feel free.

Thanks
Ant

ptjw7uk
15-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I see you got a Conqueror Design and Engineering Limited base unit, is it the cnc2, cnc2x or cnc3.
I have found mine to be an OK unit saved all the hastle at the time, may have had a go at my own since I found this site but way back in 2005 there was so much conflicting advice I didnt know which way to go!
CDE also have a unit for controlling the plasma torch.
Peter

antsals
15-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Yep it's the CNC2x. Like you I purchased a while back when there wasn't too many options.
I've just started putting my own controller together with the aid of Zapp automation cause I want to use mach3 on my mill. Going to use the cnc2x box on the plasma cutter and see how it goes.

What are you using the unit on?

Ant

ptjw7uk
16-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Ive got the cnc2 unit with 4 axis that I use on my Sieg X1 conversion. I converted it to all ballscrew but wish I had waited and could have bought the KX1 still it was a learning curve as they say but when you are new to the subject its all very daunting so much to learn and still to learn!
I must say that my biggest problem has been with room which is why I went with the X1 mill no room for any bigger!

Peter