PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello to all, new here

swamptart
17-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Hi Folks

I have been lurking on this site for a while and thought it's about time I joined up.

A bit about me, I work with acrylic mostly being an acrylic fabricator for about 15yrs but only in the last 5yrs using a cnc just 2d work really but trying to learn 3d design and manufacture, also recently been trained and using a cutlite penta 1kw laser with a 3mx2m bed and the ability to cut stainless and mild steel which is a whole new world to me.

So hoping to pick up some hints and tips and willing to help out if I can so hello
:wave:

blackburn mark
19-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Hellllooooo :) i did plenty of lurking trying to suss out if i had the gumption to see a build through to the end without stalling and wasting all that lovely cash :eek:

sounds like most of the hard work is done... if your already designing and cutting in 2D the jump to 3D should be pretty easy for you
and if your thinking of building a cnc you have all that lovely machinery at work to take out the elbow grease you lucky sod (if the gaffer is a good lad that is :naughty:)
good luck:smile:

swamptart
20-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Hello back, to be honest I wasn't planning on building my own cnc, I have enough fun maintaining and repairing the Multicam, but would love to learn and trying in spare time to learn Solidworks and mastercam.

And if anybody should need a hand with any acrylic we have so many offcuts and scrap its criminal to throw away, I'm based in NW London/Harrow/Bucks so just ask.