View Full Version : FOR SALE: Boxford Mark 1 Duet for sale

25-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Great Torrington School, Design and Technology Department has a Boxford Duet for sale. This combined CNC Lathe and Milling Machine is versatile. It comes with original software, set of milling tools, operating manual and 4 introduction projects.
It runs on windows 98 and was working until last September when it was put into dry storage to make room for a router. Before storage it was used as a CNC Milling Machine to make small projects using Techsoft Mill Design. The software is a 2.5D package based on 2D Design where layers for the depth are set using different colours. It comes with all cables, CNC controller box, some tools and software. It can be upgraded by Boxford to use “Geo” and networked windows. Offers in the region of £1000. Sold as seen.
4064 406540664068

09-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Is the Boxford Duet still available, please ? If so how much does weigh ?

11-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi Gordon I've sent you an email any other questions just email me.

20-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Is this still for sale?

20-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Is this still for sale?

It certainly is Rabs. I was just setting it up as a lathe using windows XP in windows 97 compatabiltiy mode. The software was easy to load but i haven't tested it yet because my work load hasn't allowed me. I am not back to work until September so I wont be able to test it before then. If you buy it, it will be as sold as seen. It has been working in the past but that was about this time last year. After building a 3D router this is a much safer bet to spend time getting this working under compatibility mode. If you have any further questions please let me know. All the best.

16-08-2012, 01:01 PM
For some reason I don't seem to be able to send you a PM to discuss this further. Please could you email me

email address redacted, should be able to PM now.

12-02-2016, 04:59 PM
hello again.

I came across your Boxford again today and am wondering if it is still available ??

I seem to remember you are located in Bath. Is this correct ?

I am still toying with the idea of getting a cnc machine in order to try my hand at cnc after a considerable time using manual machines want years ago. ( In Bath )

Best regards, Gordon. ( Dorset )

14-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Hello, does this include the pc which will drive it ?

Can this be lifted easily by2 people ?

Any rust or noticeable wear ?

Will this be supported by Oxford ?

Regards, Gordon. Dorset.

Thanks, Gordon.