PDA

View Full Version : eBay: CNC mill on ebay

Kai
14-06-2011, 01:31 PM
there is a cnc mill on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150617198351&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

quiet cheap at the moment

Zadig
14-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Will you let it go at the knock down price or will you pull it if it doesn't fetch what you want?

Kai
15-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Well I hope it goes for a good price I dont want to pull that would not be sporting lol

birchy
15-06-2011, 07:15 PM
IMHO, you haven't advertised it very well. The description is a bit vague in places and will only be understood by people "in the know" rather than the target audience (model makers, garden shed engineers, etc). Grammar and layout is awful and if you're going to use buzzwords like "turn key system", make sure they are relevant...

Kai
16-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Well I am very sorry to upset you so much oh an turn key is relevent as that is what it is!
I don't know you you don't know me why do people like you always feel the need to have a dig at people ?
Oh I would like to point out that being dislexic does tend to have a bit of an impact on things that I write (sorry not sure if thats the right way to put it) but I am sure you will let me know in your honest opinion.
I always find it best to try to be nice to others so again if I have upset you then I am and I mean this very sorry for placing an add that does not meet you exacting standards.

birchy
16-06-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm not at all upset. I was trying to give some constructive criticism so that you can avoid your hard work ending up as another ebay bargain. Look up the definition of "turn key system"...it's not relevant and even if it was, everyone knows it's just a BS sales buzzword. I am sorry that you have taken it personally.

i2i
16-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Turnkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnkey)

A turn-key or a turn-key project is a type of project that is constructed by a developer and sold or turned over to a buyer in a ready-to-use condition.

Now "wiki" isn't the most accurate place to get definitions, but i pretty sure that this is what Kai is getting at. His Starmill is in a "ready-to-use" condition, you don't have to assemble or convert it, you don't have to configure Mach3 to get it working, all you have to do is turn it on and you can mill.

I found your remarks a bit offensive, and maybe a private message would have been a better place to have made them.

John S
16-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Personally I wouldn't dream of following or bidding on any item on Ebay where it says it is listed elsewhere.
You could *win* this only to be told it had sold somewhere else so why waste time ?

This is just my personal view.

birchy
16-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Personally I wouldn't dream of following or bidding on any item on Ebay where it says it is listed elsewhere.
You could *win* this only to be told it had sold somewhere else so why waste time ?

This is just my personal view.That happens quite often - usually when the item doesn't make it's expected price.

Kai
20-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Well now chaps I did sell the mill but possibly not with your help well more hinderance I should say. I did say it was advertised in other locations as if you read the RULES you have to do this to be fair and upfront with people. I am just a very small business making small bespoke items that others would not do. I am both phisicaly and mentaly disabled so as you can guess coments from such as kind people that you are don't have that great an impact. Now tyring to scupper an honest chaps sale on ebay all be it his first is not what I would do to somone. I have always tried to follow a simple rule do unto others as you would be done by sorry if the spelling is off on any of the words here. This is a very simple rule set I would suggest people might give it a try I find it works most of the time as you can tell I feel no need for bad words to people it will never get you anywhere.
Have a nice day all

John S
21-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Good for you Kai.
My remarks on not bidding when listed elsewhere are just personal and not aimed personally at you.

Small son and myself run the free advert site at www.homeworkshop.org.uk one of the things we put up front there is we will not accept any advert with links to Ebay or other sites.

I don't think it's fair turning it into a Dutch auction or free for all. If we do spot something on Ebay that's also advertised we just pull they guys advert and flag him for future adverts.
Two strikes and he's banned.

Our site - our rules.

Jonathan
21-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Looks like you got a good price for the mill - shame that eBay will now take £40 in fees. Still at least it's 'simpler and easier for you to calculate up-front the fees you’ll pay' now(!). I don't see how this thread could have hindered your sale? If anything it's good for advertising that you got quite a few posts!

I don't think there was anything seriously wrong with the listing-there was sufficient information in my opinion. I've seen a lot lot worse - the lathe I bought on eBay for instance only had a few sentences and one photo. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and found there was a 4-jaw chuck and coolant pump with it!

In general I would bid on something if listed elsewhere. Surely it is better to bid and have a good chance of winning it than neither?

It is actually against eBay rules to list something if there is a chance it will sell elsewhere before the listing ends:
http://community.ebay.co.uk/question/Selling-Ebay/Selling-Item-Ebay/1900030316
EBay hardly stick to there own rules though (look up about shill bidding), so I wouldn't be too worried...

graffian
11-04-2012, 04:24 AM
It is actually against eBay rules to list something if there is a chance it will sell elsewhere before the listing ends:
http://community.ebay.co.uk/question/Selling-Ebay/Selling-Item-Ebay/1900030316
EBay hardly stick to there own rules though (look up about shill bidding), so I wouldn't be too worried...

They do pull items with "it's advertised, blah blah blah...." in them. I put my very old lathe on there. Some git reported it for having it's advertised elsewhere. I didn't bother relisting it, I scrapped it, some time later I auctioned the line shaft gear and I had several people ask about the lathe, turned out they were watching the auction and said they were going to bid.