PDA

View Full Version : Please help :-(

jpcnc
23-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi
I have a problem with my TAKASAWA MAC V2E vmc! When I first viewed the machine everything worked fine, but since transport and instalation it has developed a problem thats linked to the air supply / switches I think. Basically I first hooked the vmc up to a small portable compressor ( 25ltr air tank ) I suspected this wouldnt be sufficient but gave it a go. On tool change, the carousel comes out, then as the tool clamp releases it stalls and leaks all pressure? There is no alarm? Today I purchased another air tank to increase the capacity to around 125ltr which should be fine? but the problem still remains? I have tried to manually put in a tool by pressing the tool unclamp button, it makes a noise but doesnt fully open and wont accept the tool pull stud? Near the air inlet and switches there is a small knob that has an air line to it, on the dial it says fast and slow, I have disturbed this and wonder if it has something to do with it? Or is it maybe that the air pressure in the machine system is too low? What pressure should the gauge read on the machine? Any other ideas?
Thanks
Jay

audioandy
23-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi Jay

Just watched the video on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE-Rse1n1wM

Have a look yourself, but it looks like the air you can hear on tool change is normal.

I would suspect your air system is not up to the job, when the air escapes at the tool change, the pressure will drop and it may be dropping to low for the machine to continue the cycle.

Its only me guessing and I might be way off the mark but if it was working before moving it I would say it will be something simple.

Do you have a manual for it?

Is there any info on the machine regarding air pressure supply and CFM?

Andy

jpcnc
24-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I have had it working today, but the air volume is obviously too low unfortunately:angry: what sort of volume capacity do you think is minimum? In the past when working for other people, they have always had huge industrial compressors so I have no idea on what they actually require?

m.marino
25-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Okay,

Here is the transplant American asking a few questions. What pressure is your reserve able to maintain? Is there tank directly connected to the machine or is there a regulator between the machine and the tank (to keep from having the air tank dump due to loss of integrity of the system). My reasons for asking is that when I worked industrial tool trade as a pipe-fitter we had between 50 to 125 US gallon (4 litre/ US gallon) reserve tanks BUT they where pressurized to a specific pressure (don't quite remember what but you did not want to be around on if the stem failed). We where running huge amounts of air hand tools as well as air assisted CNC equipment.

The reason I ask is the the lower the pressure the tank is able to maintain the faster it empties. I know all tanks are pressurized and I have helped build some huge systems. Any way good luck and hope things work out.

Michael

jpcnc
25-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi Michael
There is a regulator on the compressor and one on the machine, the cmpressor kicks in around 70psi I think and shuts off around 100psi?

m.marino
27-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Okay and what is the required system pressure for the mill you are running? The system should be 150% of the required pressure to operate IF the compressor is able to maintain that load. If not you need to increase to reserve pressure so that the mill can maintain the minimum pressure it needs to operate required functions. That should fix it fine. The manual should give that information.

Michael

jpcnc
27-06-2011, 08:43 AM
i dont have the manual unfortunately