PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New boy also from Nottingham

John S
09-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Hi, my name is John Stevenson and I'm a CNC addict, need I say more ? ;)
I run a small engineering firm just outside Nottingham at Long Eaton that caters for emergency repair work.
My part time interests are with small home shop CNC machines although I have done full sized conversions.

At the moment my main projects are the Sieg X3 CNC conversion that Arc Eurotrade sells.

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/en-gb/dept_262.html

I also have other projects on the go but at the moment these are under wraps until finished.
If anyone is going to the Bristol Model Engineering show next week end 17th, 18th and 19th then you may see a couple there.

We are also going to the Model Engineering show at Ascot race course in September [ not sure of dates ] and will be part of the past, present and future SMEE Centenary exhibition. We will have a X3 mill and a Techno Isel router there and also be doing some talks on getting started with CNC in the home shop.

Software wise we are big believers in UK products and use Dolphin and also V Carve from Vectric Software, it's awesome.

Enough for now.

John S.

Kammo1
10-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi John glad to see a fellow CNC fan also from Nottingham and more so in Long Eaton thats where I live small world isn't it!!!! Where in Long eaton are you based ?? I live on Fields Farm in Long Eaton, would be great if we could meet up and would love to see some of your CNC machines. I still have yet to build mine but maybe with some pointers in the right direction you could help with advice,software etc, stay in touch it would be great CHEERS!! :)

Lee Roberts
10-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the forums john, ill take a look at Dolphin & V Carve and see what they are like.

I take it your John Stevenson of L.Stevenson (Engineers) ?

Regards,
CheekieMonkies

John S
10-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Kammo,
Just round the corner on Acton Road.
If you can get before Monday night I have the Sieg X3 demo machine prior to shipping it to Bristol [ if it gets done :oops: ] I have sent you a PM.

Cheekie,
Yes that's me, sounds grand but there is only me now with small son helping at times.

John S.

Lee Roberts
10-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Excellent, my little girl is always there holding stuff for me lol. Can get in the way at times but hey! we new that when we had the cheekie monkies !

SirMorris
13-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Gah!

That's 2 for Nottingham too! We Oxons _don't_ win :(

Seriously, welcome aboard!

:D

Lee Roberts
24-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Did you guys meet up in the end or ?

John S
25-08-2007, 10:16 AM
No I PM'd Kammo with an address but never heard anything.
Last weekend we did the Bristol Model engineering show and had a good week end. there is now getting to be a lot of interest in CNC in this country at all levels.

In two weeks time we are going to the new show at Ascot , 7th, 8th and 9th of september.

We will have two machines running on the SMEE stand. One is a Techo Isel router and the other is the Sieg X3 CNC.
Hopefully both will be cutting during the weekend.

John S.

Kammo1
27-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi John, bro sorry have not had time to contact you as I have been a little rushed what with building my workshop,job and also the start of a home extension I have had little time to myself and as its Bank holiday I thought I would take a rest and have the day to myself and catch up on all that I have missed. I will ring you this week and try to arrange a meet up if that is ok with you just let me know and again with you being literally on my doorstep I'm sure you could guide me into the do's and don'ts of CNC machines to be honest I can't wait to get it all started but as you know just when you think you have a plan along comes something that will upsett it, anyway contact you soon. :D