PDA

View Full Version : Donate Button

Ricardoco
03-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi there, I have looked around this site and cannot find a donate button.. Im assuming we don't have one.

I cannot speak for anyone else but the facility to bung in a fiver every now and then would be good.

Ive certainly had a fivers worth (and much more) of advice and the site is of great value to me.

So what are your thoughts ?

Rick

blackburn mark
04-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Ive certainly had a fivers worth (and much more) of advice and the site is of great value to me.

id agree with the "fivers worth(and much more) " but its the members that make this sight a bobby dazzler... passing info on for free and asking for help when they are stuck, it all levels out in the end... there are those that go above and beyond the call of duty but im sure even they have their reasons and motives (they get to flex their intellectual might maybe:heehee:) there is something nice about helping someone out of a tight spot

thats my take... i might be out numbered though

i think lee makes it pay with the adverts, im sure you have spotted one or two.

luke11cnc
04-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I always give extra money,material and even buy the odd present for Items I've had made.

but if we made it that you have to donate I think it would kill this site because there are many more sites out there an even youtube

James

Ricardoco
04-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I always give extra money,material and even buy the odd present for Items I've had made.

but if we made it that you have to donate I think it would kill this site because there are many more sites out there an even youtube

James

I was really refering to a donate button where you could voluntary donate, rather than a membership fee. A way of showing anonymous supprt for the site maybe..

blackburn mark
05-09-2011, 12:44 AM
I was really refering to a donate button where you could voluntary donate, rather than a membership fee. A way of showing anonymous supprt for the site maybe..

a bit tricky in my eyes... you have all these members looking after each other and only one of those members charging everyone for the privilege of doing so? i vote we just stick to looking after each other..... i hang around on here (and try to help when i can) because its more fun than watching eastenders :smile:
However, if it’s costing someone to run this sight then they would be entitled to ask us to cough up but like james says, there are other places to swap infomation for free
it would be a shame though to have to jump ship and start again elswhere

Lee Roberts
07-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Guys,

You’re correct Ricardoco we don’t currently have a donation system in place or a button on the website. I will make a note of this and see if I can incorporate something into the new design.

I would also like to make it clear that donations are NOT mandatory for this site and/or applicable to your membership terms. Donations are very much welcome and will be reinvested, this could be by way of but not limited to opportunities for people to make money using this site in the future.

Anyone looking to make a donation can do so via PayPal by sending the donation to the email address of: donate @ mycncuk.com if you would like to make a donation using other means please contact me directly.

Thanks for the show of support; you’re feedback is always welcome and I very much look forward to what is to come.

.me

Lee Roberts
08-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi,

Ok kids in bed, time to play web master again !

I've added a Donation system to the site, check out the Nav bar your looking for a Lime Green Donate link.

Next to the Donate link you will see a "Quick Links" drop down menu, click that and you will see at the bottom a link saying "View Donations" :wink:.

Donations will need to be confirmed before your added to the list, any questions feel free to ask.

.me

Ricardoco
08-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Cool! by the way i love your avatar in the side bar if thats what its called...:rofl:

Lee Roberts
08-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks, Avatar is correct.