PDA

View Full Version : New Software

luke11cnc
14-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Hello all

I'm just downloading my new software ViaCad V8 yes I'm going legitimate But at $99 plus vat it works out at £78.00.

I was told by a member on here that it was worth a look at and I must admit it works very well.

I first down loaded the free trial V7 and bonded with it very quickly

I still need advice and a good manual/video lessons on the 3D side of things but having time and needing time to learn it is a project for the long dark nights winter brings

has any one got experience with this software that could help point me in the right direction?:wink:

James

Ps
Please don’t tell the wife she thinks it’s a free download

m_c
14-09-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.punchcad.com/ for anybody who may be interested.

I might download it later, as I could do with something more legit for drawings :whistling:

Jonathan
14-09-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm just downloading my new software ViaCad V8 yes I'm going legitimate But at $99 plus vat it works out at £78.00.

I was told by a member on here that it was worth a look at and I must admit it works very well.

Is that the program you've been using for the drawings you sent me lately? If so what it exports as a DXF is not so good, there are errors and multiple duplicate partial lines. The duplicate lines can get really annoying when you start making toolpaths since unless the program recognises it (a lot don't) it may try and machine it twice, or just generally not output what you expected.

I first down loaded the free trial V7 and bonded with it very quickly

I still need advice and a good manual/video lessons on the 3D side of things but having time and needing time to learn it is a project for the long dark nights winter brings

has any one got experience with this software that could help point me in the right direction?:wink:

I've used 3 or 4 different 3D CAD programs... have you got the program on a laptop? If so we can have go together?

luke11cnc
14-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Jonathan I will load it to my laptop and see you on Saturday

I maybe going something wrong like drawing the line twice?........would that cock things up??

James

Jonathan
14-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Jonathan I will load it to my laptop and see you on Saturday

Ok then...

I maybe going something wrong like drawing the line twice?........would that cock things up??

Yes that would cause exactly what I'm describing.

luke11cnc
14-09-2011, 06:00 PM
ha ha that's it then

the gantry top right Drawing, you know what i'm talking about

I just deleted the area marking the holes and then just extended the line on the right hand side........oops sorry mate
I'm just loading it to my lap top now

James