PDA

View Full Version : eazicnc 3 'SAFETY' message

makman
09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi All,

I have a yellow 'SAFETY' message appear on the right hand side of the 'machine' window in eazicnc 3 just above the MDI window. Normally it is a green 'OK'. I have just pinched nut up, taken rocking out out of main spindle bearings. Spindle still turns freely. Any ideas?

ptjw7uk
13-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Best to email the supplier, I assume that is Conqueror Design and Engineering Limited, they will reply pretty smatly.

Peter

makman
13-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Cheers Pete, I am a bit embarrassed to say I had the guard resting on the hair-trigger emergency stop button? Oops? Thanks for your concern.

Next question. I am a complete novice and learning G-code programming without any previous experience. I plan to make some molds to lay up Carbon Fibre and would like to machine Numbers and letters in the mould. Are there any pre-written g-code programs that will control the machine to mill in different fonts. Obviously the code is font-size dependent, but maybe the code has a scale factor in the program?

Any ideas?

ptjw7uk
14-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Easycnc has text option built in, a bit blocky if memory serves.
If you put them in the mold I think they will have to be 'backwards' as it were so as to read them positivley if you get my meaning.
I have tried many ways to get a single line text in easycnc but so far have had no luck.
Doing small text using outline is a bit of a time waster as the cutter keeps going over the same ground twice.
Just play and see what you end up with

Peter

Rwright
27-01-2019, 08:25 PM
Easycnc has text option built in, a bit blocky if memory serves.
If you put them in the mold I think they will have to be 'backwards' as it were so as to read them positivley if you get my meaning.
I have tried many ways to get a single line text in easycnc but so far have had no luck.
Doing small text using outline is a bit of a time waster as the cutter keeps going over the same ground twice.
Just play and see what you end up with

Peter

Hi Peter:
Do you know if CDE still exists? I have a registered version of Eazicnc3, but my laptop crashed and I've had to reload. I need a new reg number to unlock the 'sketch' and open DXF files functions. Normally Alex just emailed me the number when I've had past crashes but I understand he died.
:grumpy:

ptjw7uk
28-01-2019, 09:14 AM
Unfortunately Alex did die - His father is now listed as being in charge bets to send a letter to him :-
210 Runley Road, Luton, England, LU1 1UB

Parts of their web site are still functional but little else, last time I tried emailing them I got no reply as I wanted to buy the pendrive to enable Eazicnc3 on any machine, should have done it a lot earlier.

Let me know if you get a reply!

Peter

Did you change any of the laptop components as I understand it the machine should have the same id as last time unless something has changed!