PDA

View Full Version : Eazicnc on denford easiturn

pistolknight
24-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Does anybody know if it's possible/safe for me to replace the 36v 10amp power supply in my Eazicnc2X box. I've changed my motors on my Denford Easiturn for 4.2A Nema 34's from Arc Euro but i don't think i'm getting enough juice for them.
Many Thanks,
David

Jonathan
24-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Why did you get them from Arc, they're the most expensive place for steppers? 45 for those steppers from Arc versus about 26 on eBay (depending how many you buy).

Anyway..

10 Amps should be enough for two (must be 2 as it's a lathe?) of those motors in Bipolar parallel or series. What makes you say they're not getting enough 'juice'? Not much torque, slow, not heating up?

36 Volts is a bit low for those motors, 50-75V is much better however if your drivers can't accept that high a voltage it may not be worthwhile replacing them.

pistolknight
24-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Why did you get them from Arc, they're the most expensive place for steppers? 45 for those steppers from Arc versus about 26 on eBay (depending how many you buy).

Anyway..

10 Amps should be enough for two (must be 2 as it's a lathe?) of those motors in Bipolar parallel or series. What makes you say they're not getting enough 'juice'? Not much torque, slow, not heating up?

36 Volts is a bit low for those motors, 50-75V is much better however if your drivers can't accept that high a voltage it may not be worthwhile replacing them.

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your prompt reply. My reason for getting them through Arc was that i had a credit to use up.

I think that they aren't getting enough juice as the motors appear to not have much torque. When i take several 0.5mm cut in 304 stainless steel using the G85 turning cycle, the x axis keeps losing position by 3 or 4 thou as though the motor is stalling and losing steps compared to the DRO. It's not much of a cut really. I have checked the crosslide and it has no tightness and the ballscrew/nut are as new so it's not a binding issue. The motors are wired in bipolar parallel.
Any advice you can offer would be very gratefully received.
Regards,
David