PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: UK only 2 small ballscrews/nuts

Smiler
19-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have 2 ballscrews for sale. I think they would suit a small mill rather than a large router etc. I thought I'd offer them here first rather than eBay.

Number 1 is a 7.5mm dia 2.5mm pitch screw and has been machined at the drive end to 6.3mm, the other end comes complete with thrust bearings and locknuts. The ball nut has an M15 fine thread on it. Total length is approx 300mm. This screw is ready to use and I think would be ideal for a Z axis.

Number 2 would require machining, it is an 11mm dia, 4mm pitch screw approx 780mm long. One end is machined for thrust bearings but the machining is imperial and so the bearings and nuts are not easy to source. I would remachine for metric bearings. The Ballnut is fixed by an M20 fine thread.

I bought them on EBay when I first thought of building a machine but as you will have seen from my build log, my machine outgrew my initial ambition:). Remember, if you want these screws to factor in the cost of machining and the taps for the ballnuts (but I've seen them epoxied into the plate before now by skinflints:))

Both screws are rolled type and I was told they are by SKF, certainly the Ballnuts are available at RS at their usual amazing prices. They are used obviously but seem to have had very little wear, can't see any rust etc on them and the nuts both run very freely.

£25 plus postage for both, I paid a lot more.

I have attached photos, sorry for the quality, if you need better ones, just ask.

Lee Roberts
19-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Jeff, nice listing ! the images dont seem to be loading mate.

Smiler
19-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi Lee,

Should be fixed now:)

Lee Roberts
19-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Kl, i maybe considering these for the mill im making so ill let you know.

Also, use the site Media Centre for storing your pics mate :)

Smiler
19-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Kl, i maybe considering these for the mill im making so ill let you know.

Also, use the site Media Centre for storing your pics mate :)

Ok Lee, thanks for the heads-up re the media centre. It'll make the forums a little less confusing.

Lee Roberts
19-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Np's also means you can just use a bb code to post in your pics to any post/forum. :beer:

garryking
28-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Just seen the ad, do you still have these for sale? If so I will have them.

Lee Roberts
24-01-2009, 02:14 PM
You going to sell them Smiler ?

Jon Lorton
21-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Smiler, if these are still available I would like to buy them, please let me know total including postage.

Smiler
21-02-2009, 05:20 PM
You going to sell them Smiler ?

SORRY!!!

I thought I'd replied to Garry when he offered to buy them and it just left my mind :(

If Garry doesn't need them now, Jon can certainly have them.

Regards and sorry to all, Jeff.

Smiler
28-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Smiler, if these are still available I would like to buy them, please let me know total including postage.

Hi Jon,

Garry hasn't replied in a week so I assume he doesn't need them anymore. If you still want them I'll find out the postage and we can get them over to you.

Regards, Jeff.

rasta
04-04-2009, 02:35 AM
Hi ; is this item still for sale?
thanks
rasta

Lee Roberts
04-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Rasta send jeff a PM or email via the site as he may not see your msg. I think he still has these for sale.

Smiler
04-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi Rasta, Lee etc.

Sorry, they have been sold to another forum member.

Jeff.