PDA

View Full Version : Custom Vacuum Table 'Hold Down' System - piping/valve advice

FlightCaseCo
28-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Hi,

We are looking at getting a CNC (8' x 4') router, we are going to be cutting 9mm birch panels.
I am just designing a Vacuum Table system to allow us to have 6+ vacuum sections on the bed, i found a great tutorial from a US source.

The question i have .. if using 50mm piping to create the vac distribution system under the table with cut off valves for each section. What grade of piping and valves should i be looking at?

Many Thanks!
James

boldford
08-01-2012, 10:09 AM
No personal experience but a place I visited some time ago used solvent welded waste water pipe. Sorry but I never noticed the valves.

pavlo
16-01-2012, 01:31 AM
I would have thought any grade of piping would do, so long as it is rigid. If you produce a perfect vacuum you will have an external pressure on the pipework of 1 bar. This is minimal compared to the internal pressure that most pipes take. Class C pcv pipe will take an internal pressure of 9 bar for example.

Jonathan
16-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I would have thought any grade of piping would do, so long as it is rigid. If you produce a perfect vacuum you will have an external pressure on the pipework of 1 bar. This is minimal compared to the internal pressure that most pipes take. Class C pcv pipe will take an internal pressure of 9 bar for example.

The pressure for a vacuum though is in the opposite direction to which the fittings are designed for. Perhaps could make a difference... but I'm only guessing!

motoxy
16-01-2012, 06:56 PM
The pressure for a vacuum though is in the opposite direction to which the fittings are designed for. Perhaps could make a difference... but I'm only guessing!

Should not be a problem if using solvent welded pipe.

Bruce