PDA

View Full Version : Machine problem with softlimits mach3 & Estop

Steve-m
21-10-2008, 06:39 AM
HI All
I have a bit of a problem, and I wonder if any one can help, I will start at beginning, I have a 1250mm x 1250mm gantry type plasma table runnung mach3, a Campbell Designs BOB, Gechko 203v`s and 425oz 23 size motors, all running free, no binding

my problem seems to be in softlimits the machine will only jog at 20% unless I up the speed % to 100% then its fine, joggin on keyboard is all I have done up to now

my settings are in the atachment

Rev soft m soft Min slow Z Home off home neg auto zero speed%
X X 1211 5.00 0.0 0.0000 X tick 100
Y X 1220 5.00 0.0 0.0000 X tick 100
Z X 5.00 -0.10 0.50 0.0000 tick tick 100
A X 1211 5.00 0.0 0.0000 X tick 100

What am I doing wrong?

I have another small problem when I "REF ALL HOME" after the first limit and clears it it activates the ESTOP, how do I stop that?

Thanks for your help

Steve

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t311/lleskam/homes.jpg

Lee Roberts
21-10-2008, 03:44 PM
I'v moved this to the "Machine Problems and Solutions" to help you get better exposure.

Steve-m
21-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I'v moved this to the "Machine Problems and Solutions" to help you get better exposure.

Hey I never did expose my self its just a rumor and she lied

LOL

Lee Roberts
21-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey, she's got a "camera phone" so iv seen the pics you cant deny it !

Steve-m
21-10-2008, 08:34 PM
The Bitch, she said she would not say any thing, just goes to show never trust a sheep, expecialy when you live this close to the border

fisherjim
16-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Have you sorted out your problems yet, if not , say and I will try to help.

Steve-m
16-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Have you sorted out your problems yet, if not , say and I will try to help.

Hi
Thanks, dont know what I did but it seems ok now, apart from the Slow zone just is not working at all, it moves at 10000mm min right up to soft limit then stops suddenly

Steve

fisherjim
16-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I think a lot of people have trouble with the slow zone, anyhow as you probably know by now the the soft max and soft min is the size of your working and when running a program it uses this information to check you are not trying to machine outside this area, Slow zone....don't know never used it, but I think the axis should slow down in this area when you run a program near the axis limits, Home off is the amount the table/axis moves back after touching a homing switch, home negative is the direction the axis moves after tripping the axis limit switch and could be positive or negative depending on which end of the axis the trip switch is located, Auto zero resets the DRO in the display to zero to set up a machine datum and speed% is the % of rapid you use for referencing the machine, ie rapids=10meters per min, if set at 20%, referencing would be 2meters per min.
I expect you have found all this out by now and I'm preaching to the converted, if not, I hope it's been of use.

jim.

Steve-m
16-11-2008, 11:19 PM
I expect you have found all this out by now and I'm preaching to the converted, if not, I hope it's been of use.

jim.

Hi Jim
Thanks for the help, "preaching to the converted" certainly not, any help or advise is always welcome, your time and advise is appreciated. Im not even sure how to control speed when cutting yet, Im hoping when I buy Sheetcam it will become evedent, I did get a trial licence but wasted it by not even looking at Sheetcam, trying to learn one program (Mach3) at a time was enough and by the time I got to look at it the licence had expired, by then Mach3 had me gibbering in a corner with a bottle of Scotch

I have not loaded any G Code into Mach3 as of yet. I`m still playing with a unfinished machine I have not made the table "Y" axis or "X" depending on your view, in fact I`m still 2 motors short, my last 2 Gecko 203v`s only got here on Sat, I have not even had time to connect them in yet

Steve

m.marino
12-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi Jim
Thanks for the help, "preaching to the converted" certainly not, any help or advise is always welcome, your time and advise is appreciated. Im not even sure how to control speed when cutting yet, Im hoping when I buy Sheetcam it will become evedent, I did get a trial licence but wasted it by not even looking at Sheetcam, trying to learn one program (Mach3) at a time was enough and by the time I got to look at it the licence had expired, by then Mach3 had me gibbering in a corner with a bottle of Scotch

I have not loaded any G Code into Mach3 as of yet. I`m still playing with a unfinished machine I have not made the table "Y" axis or "X" depending on your view, in fact I`m still 2 motors short, my last 2 Gecko 203v`s only got here on Sat, I have not even had time to connect them in yet

Steve

Pass the bottle of Scotch as I own a copy and the videos leave my brain in a puddle. BobCAD-CAM is very easy to understand and fun in comparison. I am very serious let me know and sometime we can get together and go this stuff with either your machine or mine acting as the scapegoat to make sure we are getting it right. Mach 3 is great stuff just very heady.

Michael