PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: Need some PCB's milling - can anyone help?

irving2008
25-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I was going to etch some PCB's for my 297/298 driver boards but the iron broke and we replaced it with one of those steam generator irons... great for ironing shirts etc but I'm banned from using it for making PCBs. The travel iron doesn't get hot enough. So now I am faced with going out and buying a cheap iron for making PCBs with or finding some PCBs already made up (just the board, I have all the parts waiting).

Does anyone know where I can buy or otherwise acquire a suitable PCB set (like the pminmo (http://pminmo.com/PMinMOwiki/index.php5?title=L297-8) ones) or would be willing to mill a set for me?

irving2008
25-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks Kip, but specifically want the L297/L298 ones as have all the parts for them...

rinderpest
19-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Kip, I know its a long time after the original post but do you still have those 3977 boards for sale? I have 4 of the chips and was going to etch the boards myself but Id rather use proper ones.
Jim

Lee Roberts
20-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Would it be an option to have a company make them for you in the USA irving? I know of two companys that can do it and the price isnt to bad. It may prove a better choice to grab a secondhand iron from the bay for less maybe ?

irving2008
20-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi Lee,
Just not had the time, space or wherewithall to investigate or build. While the house has been gutted and remodelled - new kitchen and bathroom (at one point you could stand in the bomb site that was the kitchen and see the roof beams two floors up while they were putting the steelwork in - we took out a structural internal wall)!

Everythings nearly back to shape so will start to revisit stuff.... but wont be any major spending for a year (as long as interest rates stay low)