PDA

View Full Version : Looking for CNC Machinists in: Blackburn, Norwich and Essex

VTR-MaraJ
10-02-2012, 09:55 AM
VTR Recruitment have a need for CNC Machinists in a variety of locations.

Please see the details below and e-mail me your CV with the role you are interested in at: [email protected] or call me on 0845 5194 810

CNC Setter/Operator (Milling) in Blackburn

Salary: Negotiable depending on experience

Essential Skills:
- Working with/on HAAS milling machines running Siemens.
- Milling/machining aluminium.
- Have a background in aerospace precision machining (ideally)

CNC Setter/Operator Night Shifts (7pm-7am) Temporary to Permanent based near Stanstead Airport

Salary: Training (4-5 days) on day shift rates: £9.50 per hour, Night shift rates: £12.50 per hour

Essential Skills:
- Working with/on MAZAK, HERMLE or HURCO’s milling machines.
- Milling/machining titanium, aluminium or ‘106’ grade steel.

Offline CNC Programmer - Contract/Perm - Norwich

Salary: 3 Month Contract £17-£17.50 per hour ltd, negotiable perm salary.

Essential Skills:
- Experience of using CAD/CAM software.
- Experience of turning and multi-axis turning centres (3,4 and 5 axis).
- Experience of programming FANUC or Siemens control centres.
- Familiarity with Nakamura/Daewoo/Puma turning centres.
- Ability to read and determine specifications from drawings and other relating documents.
- Exposure to working with exotic materials would be also be an advantage, along with a background in Oil/Gas or Aerospace industries.

CNC Setter/Programmer - Contract/Perm - Norwich

Salary: 3 Month Contract £11-£12.50 per hour ltd, Negotiable perm salary

Essential Skills:
With a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a setter/programmer, you will possess the following:
- Experience of turning and multi-axis turning centres (3,4 and 5 axis).
- Experience of programming FANUC or Siemens control centres.
- Familiarity with Nakamura/Daewoo/Puma turning centres.
- Ability to read and determine specifications from drawings and other relating documents.
- Exposure to working with exotic materials would be also be an advantage, along with a background in Oil/Gas or Aerospace industries.

motoxy
10-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Goodness me. A gardener with little experience can get £15/HR. I have to say its been a long time since I have been in engineering but I am amazed how low the wages are for skilled people. or maybe I am just getting old.

Bruce

VTR-MaraJ
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
I have noticed that people have viewed these vacancies but not really replied with interest, what would be a rate that people are looking for? Any feedback is always appreciated as I can then use this information to negotiate better rates.

Jessica

motoxy
10-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Jessica

I cannot help you but I would like to say that you have a great attitude. I am sure there will be someone here to advise. Or just maybe that is the going rate.

Bruce

Swarfing
11-02-2012, 12:22 AM
A general craftsman in the building trade looks for £150 a day on average in the building trade. If you did an apprenticeship and learned the skills required to do a job worth selling what would you want?

Shinobiwan
11-02-2012, 09:45 AM
CNC Setter/Operator Night Shifts (7pm-7am) Temporary to Permanent based near Stanstead Airport

Salary: Training (4-5 days) on day shift rates: £9.50 per hour, Night shift rates: £12.50 per hour

Essential Skills:
- Working with/on MAZAK, HERMLE or HURCO’s milling machines.
- Milling/machining titanium, aluminium or ‘106’ grade steel.

This is absolutely insulting. Day rates of £9.50 and this is London as well where the cost of living is higher and you want a background in precision Aerospace?!? Damn leeching recruitment companies, I bet the job pays an extra £8 an hour more only they want their cut for doing very little. Legal daylight robbery.

With those rates you'll find no one here.

Lee Roberts
11-02-2012, 10:20 AM
A little reminder of the rules for the Employment forums:

If you are an employer/agency please follow these simple rules.

Your post content should give:

Your post title should be short but descriptive, e.g. "Haas programming opportunity in London"

Your company name, contact name and contact details including a phone number
Details of the job, any specific skills or expertise required, and a likely salary range. As with all job ads you may not specify anything discriminatory, e.g. age/gender/etc.
You may include a contact email but we cannot be responsible for any spam sent to it.
If you are not prepared to receive communications via the private messaging system on this site please make that clear.

Please do not enter into any debates about the jobs advertised here. You should not reply to questions other than through private communication channels.
If you are a freelancer or seeking an opportunity please follow these simple rules:

Your post content should give:

Brief details of your experience, any specific skills or expertise you have, and a required salary range and location.
You are solely responsible for your own personal information posted here. We cannot be held responsible for any misuse of your information. You may include a contact email/phone number at your own discretion but we cannot be responsible for any spam sent to them.
We would recommend you ask responders to use the private messaging system on this site, so please make that clear.

You should not reply to questions other than through private communication channels.
If you are a respondant to a job advertised here please contact the advertiser directly. Do not post on this forum.

m.marino
11-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry, you posted while I was typing.

Michael

JAZZCNC
11-02-2012, 12:55 PM
A little reminder of the rules for the Employment forums:

If you are a respondant to a job advertised here please contact the advertiser directly. Do not post on this forum.

What if your not interested in the Job or any of the above but just want to tell them what Scum bags they are for trying to exploit good hard working folks.!! :exclaim:

Not that I would do that of course.!!!!! :lmao:

VTR-MaraJ
13-02-2012, 01:04 PM
For Shinobiwan & JAZZCNC,

Thank you for your feedback, however I am not in control of the rates. If you are able to advise what the 'going rate' is or what you feel is suitable for the role I am happy to provide feedback to help for future negotiations.

Best wishes,

Jessica