PDA

View Full Version : mach 3 help

1albobs
26-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi all,can any one help please, i have just purchased a router machine running mach3. I can get the mach3 program to run my g code ok but have no movement from the motors on x,y,z axis can anyone give me some tips .:confused:thanks in advance.p.s i am new to the world of machining so please bare with me.

John S
26-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Just not enough information.
What router, has the ports and pins been setup ? we need more info.

1albobs
26-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Hi. I bought a secondhand, hand-built CNC router machine not so long ago, with the view to starting up my own small business. I am a complete novice to CNC but I thought I would be able to learn it easily enough(how wrong I was!!!!). Now desperately looking for help setting it up(I am in Lincolnshire...postcode is LN9 5ND) as I am out of work now and have a family to support. I would be really grateful if anyone can help via this thread or if living close to me, would pop by and help me out???

It is a fixed gantry CNC machine
Overall dimensions
Wide 800mm, deep 900mm, height 1450mm
Cuts approx 500mm x 400mm
Components are:-
Nema23 keling motors on all axis
Controller gecko G540
Running Mach3 program

This is all the info I have.

Kind Regards,
Al.

Musht
27-02-2012, 03:34 PM
As a newbie myself couple of things that have puzzled me to start with..

Did you get a P.C. with Mach3 running on it , or just a disc with Mach3?

If your installing Mach3 , need to make sure the parallel port is enabled from the bios on the P.C. your using. Older P.C.s can have had the parallel port switched off when they got a usb printer, took a while for me to spot that one...

E-Stop is on when Mach3 starts, the twinkling reset button bottom left.

Its a bit of a learning curve but one that definitely rewards the effort :-)

Cheers
Adam