PDA

View Full Version : small cnc 30/20 + mach 3 help needed

whynot2
27-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi I have taken the plunge and bought a cnc 3020 mini cnc table top machine with mach3 software but I am having difficulty importing my own images and converting to the g-code if there is anyone reading this can help me sort things out I would be very greatfull or if anyone can come to my house then I will be willing to pay expences or if there someone local to me i can bring machine to you as I need this working A.S.A.P hope someone can help all i am trying to do is get the machine up and running to make fishing float bodies using either balsa wood or foam hope someone can help i am new to cnc and also need help with settings ect please help

Musht
27-02-2012, 10:27 PM
As a complete novice as well , sounds like your possibly missing at least one part of the chain, Computer Aided Manufacturing software, guess you have some sort of drafting program that you have your designs in.

Need to export from there to a CAM program that will generate the toolpaths and Gcode for Mach3 to run the machine.

There are lots of CAM packages out there , most with some sort of free trial, at moment finding MeshCAM user friendly CAMBam seems popular here, theres a lot of others.
After the free trials though be prepared to open your wallet again....

Cheers
Adam

rnr107
28-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Where do you live?

whynot2
28-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Where do you live?
hi i live in warrington do you think you would be able to help i see your from leeds i could come to you i dont mind traveling thanks for your reply

whynot2
28-02-2012, 10:26 AM
hi i live in warrington do you think you could help i could come to you if need be i dont mind traveling

JAZZCNC
28-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm just up the road from leeds if you want to bring to me and i'm off work all this week.?

JAZZCNC
28-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Sent you a PM.

whynot2
28-02-2012, 01:50 PM
hi jazzcnc sent you a pm thanks

rnr107
28-02-2012, 03:22 PM
hi i live in warrington do you think you could help i could come to you if need be i dont mind traveling

If you come to me, no problem... I'll do what I can to help. :)
Let me know if JAZZCNC (http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/member.php/6055-JAZZCNC) sorted you out or not...

If you want an address PM me...

RNR