PDA

View Full Version : BUILD LOG: Building a CNC, x=20" y=20" z=10"

TommeyReed
05-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Expensive cnc are too high for most people. I have a Sheline 5400cnc. at $3,200.00us this machine breaks down alot, this time the A axis driver failed.

I am building the USB controller, driver and milling machine with the skills I have.

CNC controllers have a major problem with BEMF, I design motor controller with 500 amps output and over 144v.

This is not that hard to understand, when you have some back ground in electronics, computer programming and mechanical engineering.

Alot of people want to use a Arduino to build a CNC controller, but there have software problems from G-Code to C++.

They are great toys, but working with Atmega 168/328 would be a better way of getting a software designed.

I plan to do experiment on PIC/Arduino/Atmega chips.

Looking to spend less then $1000,00 us.

I did a design that should fit my needs:

Also my other skills in is on,"rotarypistonengine.com"

Tom

TommeyReed
11-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Update on my cnc mill design.

This is what I am using to build this mill.

6" x 2" I beam /1/8

3/8 threaded rod with nuts

1" x 2" 1/8 with 1/8 L brackets for x axis

6" x 2" I beam for y axis

Frame is welded.

JAZZCNC
11-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Tommy do your self a favor and dump the threaded. . . . Nothing but trouble, the little extra for lead screw will payoff big time on head banging.!!

Also depending on what you intend to cut with this machie I'd strengthen the I beam joint where it goes from vertical to horizontal.!! . . looks like a nice place for flexy springing.? .. . A few triangle plates would help big time.!

TommeyReed
11-03-2012, 07:08 PM
You think! do your self a favor on my threaded, and kiss my A hole.....I'm not done, but you could not see that could you!

I will add a angle bar, and other metal brackets in the future.

Next time rethink your comment before you insult someone...A hole!

Take your chill pill, and watch tv. I don't need someone like you making foolish comments!

jcb121
11-03-2012, 08:41 PM
I advise you take those threaded rods out of the machine and stick them up your own ass mate.

motoxy
11-03-2012, 09:25 PM
I would calm down if i were you Tommey. You will not get better advice than from jazz and thats all it is Advice. If you find jazz's comments unhelpful then you might not want to waste your time on here.

TommeyReed
11-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Again, if you want to be an ass, so be it.

Another Uk, ass hole. You loser!

Just show how stupid you are starting a fight you can't win, UK is known for that!

Please remove your self from my thread, thanks you.

But no thanks for your opinion!,and stupid comment!

You Troll!

motoxy
11-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Oh Dear me...someone needs a hug....:rofl:

Swarfing
11-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Kisses all round please ......:wink:

JAZZCNC
11-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Tommy it was advise not an insult.!! . . . . Now here's some more advice.! . . . . .

" Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a FOOL, Than to open it and remove all doubt."

Happy building. . !!

kylelnsn
11-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Tommy it was advise not an insult.!! . . . . Now here's some more advice.! . . . . .

" Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a FOOL, Than to open it and remove all doubt."

Happy building. . !!

+1 Nicely Said!

TommeyReed
11-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah, maybe I jump the gun....all I can say is I'm sorry.

I agree, the extra brackets, and more metal will do...

Its my first CNC mill I'm building, also building the controller and driver pc board....

motoxy
12-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Look forward to seeing your progress.

Bruce

Lee Roberts
12-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Again, if you want to be an ass, so be it.

Tommey, the only person being an "ass" right now is you !

Another Uk, ass hole. You loser!

Fancy coming to a UK focused community and not expecting to be greeted by people from the UK :rollseyes:.

Just show how stupid you are starting a fight you can't win, UK is known for that!

What fight, did i blink and miss it Jazz ?

Please remove your self from my thread, thanks you.

It's not your thread, all your threads are belong to me !

But no thanks for your opinion!,and stupid comment!

I only say things once Tommey so take heed, show some respect or your gone. Nice and simple !

You Troll!

That's not nice, i happen to like Troll's and take offense to that comment!, Jazz is not a Troll!

TommeyReed
12-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Ok, I added the base.

This is a I beam 3" x 4" 1/2 and 1/8 l brackets

I attached it to the upper level of the mill.546154625463546454655466

I have about $125.00 us in this mill so far.

JAZZCNC
12-03-2012, 03:52 PM
That's not nice, i happen to like Troll's and take offense to that comment!, Jazz is not a Troll!

Lee thanks for defending my integrity and your right I'm not a troll.!!. . . . I'm a short fat ugly nasty bastard.!!. . . .Trolls are lovely miss understood creatures.!!. . . Very much like some over the pond dwellers.. .:joker:

Lee Roberts
12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the site Tommey!

When I get my second machine up and running I would like to build a small mill type cnc machine as well, I will be following your build.

Enjoy the site and good luck with the build !

.Me