PDA

View Full Version : More reasonable prices on HiWin...

ecat
15-03-2012, 08:31 AM
I chanced upon an Italian CNC store, http://www.cnc-store.it and seeing the 'English' button and 'delivery throughout Europe' thought I'd take a look around...

Most prices are so-so.
They sell a couple of kits at a cost. The page for their large flat machine has a couple of assembly drawings, which makes interesting viewing for a numpty like me :)
They sell a few ready cut and drilled mounting plates, the Z plate for example may interest some, at a cost.

What caught my eye were the prices of the HiWin parts: HGH15 pre-load A, standard precision for €26,74 ! That's about £22.28 in real money AND includes tax - or so it says. HGR15R rail about £4.42 per 100mm, again including tax. These prices are about 30% less than I've found from UK stores.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to find somewhere cheaper. Just thought I'd share.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, they sell 180mm wide aluminium profile too. Widest I've found from the usual UK peeps is 160mm.

JunkieHobbo
15-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I chanced upon an Italian CNC store, http://www.cnc-store.it and seeing the 'English' button and 'delivery throughout Europe' thought I'd take a look around...

Most prices are so-so.
They sell a couple of kits at a cost. The page for their large flat machine has a couple of assembly drawings, which makes interesting viewing for a numpty like me :)
They sell a few ready cut and drilled mounting plates, the Z plate for example may interest some, at a cost.

What caught my eye were the prices of the HiWin parts: HGH15 pre-load A, standard precision for €26,74 ! That's about £22.28 in real money AND includes tax - or so it says. HGR15R rail about £4.42 per 100mm, again including tax. These prices are about 30% less than I've found from UK stores.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to find somewhere cheaper. Just thought I'd share.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, they sell 180mm wide aluminium profile too. Widest I've found from the usual UK peeps is 160mm.

Thanks for posting that link, I am currently designing my machine and I am on a tight budget, so saving every penny helps when purchase time arrives.

Anyone else have some links?