PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Greeting from far North

bigskelf
04-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Newbie here from far north of Scotland. Mostly a wood worker but use cnc engraver mainly on silver and trophy metal.
Sadly my dahlgren wizzard 2000ST has had a fatal logic board failure and I'm currently running a little Metaza to keep the business going.
However I have high hopes of performing a brain transplant on the dead wizzard
Hoping some folks can point me in the right direction as I would really like to get the wizzards steppers back in action

Here's a view of the goosed boards (y axis failed) I'm hoping to retro fit new controller in their place and put the whole beast back in it's original casing. Any Dahlgren/suregrave gurus out there?

mocha
22-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

There are quite a few members in Scotland, but I don't know if any are familiar with Dahlgren. If it's a purely electronics logic problem then an electronics tech might be able to assist(?) Any Ham radio clubs near you? You could also try posting the question into FAQ's, Problems & Solutions?

SOYEB from Birmingham has recently posted a message about a Dahlgren which might be of some help, failing that try the Google custom search in the top right of this page.

bigskelf
24-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Well 7 years later I have actually managed to get round to doing this.
Cheap controllers off of fleabay, PC cobbled from the spare parts bin, a splash of LinuxCNC and...
**cue lightning and thunder
"ITS ALIVE!"

magicniner
24-06-2019, 06:04 PM
Holy thread revival Batman! :D

magicniner
24-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Photos, preferably Videos, or it didn't happen! :D