PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Multicutter 2000 3M * 4M 3 axis router

gavztheouch
10-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi I am putting my Multicutter 8000 router up for sale, the machine is based in Stirling, Scotland and can be seen working. I can assist with disassembly and loading and spend as much time as you need showing you the workings off the machine, how to repair and fault diagnose the whole machine if desired.

Here are the specs,

Rack and pinion X and Y, ballscrew Z fitted with Bosch 1400W router.

Westamp servo motors on the X and Y controlled by Granite device servo drives. Z axis is a stepper and motion control stepper driver.

Pc, Dell optiplex loaded with Mach3, license does not come with the machine as I need it for another router.

I have built a steel table to hold a standard sheet of plywood this can be skimmed with the router and I will include the skimming bit in the sale.

The good thing about this machine is it size and its customization potential, it would make a good conversion to 5 axis if you were up for the challenge.

Price £4000

PM me for my mobile and Email.

Cheers

Gavin

Photos and vids to follow..

beneboy1
12-05-2012, 02:19 PM
hi can you tell me when the pics and vids are going on here

JAZZCNC
12-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I remember this Did you buy it from Ireland and ask about it on the CNCZONE before buying.? Good few years ago thou.?

gavztheouch
13-05-2012, 10:47 AM
hi can you tell me when the pics and vids are going on here

I will try and get them up today.

I remember this Did you buy it from Ireland and ask about it on the CNCZONE before buying.? Good few years ago thou.?

Good memory! Yes that right I bought the machine then spent months figuring out how to get it working. In the end I scrapped the original electronics and upgraded to some modern upgrades. Now its a very usable machine with Mach 3. I would love to keep it but its too big and we need the same.

Here is a thread I started at CNCZONE that follows my progress, there are also some pics in there. The machine is a lot more complete now but still needs a little tidying up. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/granite_devices/76055-need_help_deciding_if_granite.html

Here is a smiler machine that was up for sale in the USA on the 18th of FEB 2011. http://www.signweb.com/forum/for-sale/cybermation-8-x-12-router

gavztheouch
14-05-2012, 01:24 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/Gavztheouch/P1020811.jpg

Picture of machine taken today. Let me know what you would like to see and I will take some more.

Cheers

Gav

pgh0073
07-06-2012, 08:44 AM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/Gavztheouch/P1020811.jpg

Picture of machine taken today. Let me know what you would like to see and I will take some more.

Cheers

Gav

is this machine still for sale?

gavztheouch
07-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi there, yes machine is still for sale. I will PM you my contact details.

Cheers

Gav

pgh0073
07-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi there, yes machine is still for sale. I will PM you my contact details.

Cheers

Gavthanks, will it handle cutting 25mm plywood, this is all it would be used for

gavztheouch
07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes I have been using it to cut 18mm birch ply wood and I see no reason as to why it would not cut 25mm. The router is a 2hp hand held bosch type. So I would recommend upgrading to a much larger spindle and z-axis, this means you could cut through the 25mm a lot faster.

Do you have an example of the parts you would be cutting?

How you had any experience with CNC routing before?

Cheers

Gav

pgh0073
07-06-2012, 12:37 PM
thanks, never used a CNC before. it would be used to cut circular stage tops in sectors, ie a 4m diameter stage would be made up in 16 wedge shaped pieces, a bigger stage for example a 9m dia. would be made up of an inner circle 5m dia. from 16 sectors and an outer ring around them of 32 sectors to make the 9m. all in 25mm far eastern plywood. can any router head be fixed to this unit then. does it have the suction bed that hold the sheets down?

gavztheouch
07-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Can any router head be fixed to this unit then?

Depending on your mechanical abilities you could fit any head to the x-axis. There are various mounting holes to fix whatever you need to the head, but you would have to design and build a custom head to fit. You could run it with the small router to see how you get on first.

Does it have the suction bed that hold the sheets down?

I made a metal frame to hold the sacrificial MDF bed this could easily be converted to a vacuum bed (about a days work). And the router does come with a 3 phase vacuum pump which I have personally never used, but should provide the air flow to hold your parts down. At the moment I use drywall screw to hold down the sheets, and add tabs to hold the parts in place, then its just a case of sanding of the tabs off with a belt sander.

If you are looking for someone to manufacture your stages, the router is available to hire. This includes all tooling, electricity and labour costs @ £25/hour

Cheers

Gav

pgh0073
07-06-2012, 02:32 PM
thanks,
we would have no problem attaching a bigger router to it.
does the suction vacuum work.
does it cut accurately to size.

gavztheouch
07-06-2012, 02:58 PM
does the suction vacuum work?

Not sure, I do not have 3 phase so have not had a chance to wire it up. I should point out it is not technically a vacuum pump but a blower made by Dayton in the states. If you were keen on the machine I could take it to a friends to test.

Does it cut accurately to size?

Yes it accurate to within 0.5mm im being conservative here. But I would assume for your job this would be within tolerance?

pgh0073
07-06-2012, 04:05 PM
i think that would be accurate enough
does a blower do the same thing as a vacuum?? would be good to know if it worked.
what size pieces does it break down into, just thinking about what size van would be required.

gavztheouch
11-06-2012, 03:06 PM
http://youtu.be/nKRBsWRznV4

A small video for all anyone intrested in the router. If you would like specific videos or photo let me know and I will get them posted.

Cheers

Gavin

gavztheouch
02-07-2012, 12:32 PM
A short timelapse video of the machine milling aluminium last week. The parts are being used to build a laser cutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDQ5qjuKKHU

BurleyBoi
05-07-2012, 01:44 PM
A short timelapse video of the machine milling aluminium last week. The parts are being used to build a laser cutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDQ5qjuKKHU

Hi Gavz,

Was wonder if this machine is still for sale, if so could you post the machine overall dimension.

gavztheouch
05-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi,

Yes the machine is still for sale,

Here are the overall dimensions 3125mm * 4575mm * 1600mm

The working bed size dimensions are 4000mm * 2800mm

I noticed you are also in Glasgow so if you fancy a look at the machine I will pm my contact details to arrange a viewing.

Cheers

Gav

habibuzziwa
25-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Can it machine 3D OBJECTS FROM HARD WOOD?

gavztheouch
25-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Yes it can, I have machined guitar necks and various other 3d items from hardwood.

jamie d
12-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Hi there,

is your router still for sale ?, new to the forum so not sure if its an old thread

Yes it can, I have machined guitar necks and various other 3d items from hardwood.

gavztheouch
28-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Yes router is still for sale. Cheers Gav

gavztheouch
08-02-2013, 09:10 PM
This was as good as sold to a chap in Ireland but due to a change in his bussiness it is back up for sale. Would make a great machine for someone looking for a large bed machine as it breaks down easily into pieces to aid transport. Some of the heavy parts would still need a forklift to shift.

swinds
09-03-2013, 10:49 AM
how much you asking fo this

gavztheouch
09-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks for your intrest in the router but this machine has now sold.

Cheers

Gav