PDA

View Full Version : BobCAD-CAM V25 Software Product Release

aldepoalo
23-05-2012, 07:48 PM
http://www.bobcad.com/articles/bobcad-cam-version-25-is-officially-released.html

The new version 25 BobCAD-CAM software has many added features to speed and simplify the programming process. We also added many powerful new Toolpath & CAD options. I wanted this community to know what we have come up with and I am looking for your feed back. I know the best of the best are on this forum and I value your opinions.

http://youtu.be/9o1BQTzGvGo

New Features
CAD
Preview
UCS Generation
Stretch
Unwrap

Stock Wizard
Rectangular
Cylindrical
Wireframe
Solid Model
STL File

Tools
Arbors
Holders
Cribs

Material Database
Multiple Machine Setups
2D Tool Paths
Facing Cycle
Pick Top
Pick Bottom
Surface Picking
Loop
Constant Z

3D Tool Paths
Adaptive roughing
Automatic flatlands

Advanced Simulation
64 Bit Version
Multi Core Processing

Download Demo Link: http://www.bobcad.com/demoall

JAZZCNC
23-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Ye all very well But do you still tell the customer there getting the all singing dancing product to get the sale then send them the basic version.?
Then when they challenge why and prove they where told one thing but sold another completely ignore there emails.?

For this very reason I will never buy another BC product or recommend anyone else does. . . .Plus V23 crash's so much it's just not funny anymore. . . for the sake of other poor suckers hope V25 is more stable.!

JAZZCNC
24-05-2012, 07:33 PM
23 hours and Silence.!!!!. . . . .Ermmm yes thats the response I've allways recieved.:thumbdown:

Ricardoco
24-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Jazz..Advertising meets word of mouth head to head...no contest..9...10... your out!!

wiatroda
24-05-2012, 09:04 PM
23 hours and Silence.!!!!. . . . .Ermmm yes thats the response I've allways recieved.:thumbdown:

Not only product, but customer service counts as well !!! Lack of reply is reply itself :thumbdown:

aldepoalo
24-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Hello Everyone, Sorry that it took so long to get back to you. We've / I've been very busy working with all of our clients that are upgrading and answering questions about the new V25.

1) Ye all very well But do you still tell the customer there getting the all singing dancing product to get the sale then send them the basic version.?

This is NOT a standard practice of BobCAD-CAM, but I can understand how there could be confusion of what you were demoed and what you purchased. It's been a few years now since we sold V23, but if you can PM me you contact information I will look up what happened in your account and make things right.

2) Customer Service

We work very hard to support and work with all of our clients. If you are having issues with BobCAD please feel free to PM or post a topic in this community. For those of you that read my threads, I do my best to provide useful information and answer questions to the best of my ability.

3) BobCAD CAM as a Product

V25 is the result of much hard work and is completely based on user feed back. I would like to think we've done a great job of adding features that you guys requested. If BobCAD CAM is not the right product you and your shop, that's ok. For many shops BobCAD CAM is the right solution and what we offer can stand up to really any CAD CAM system on the market IMHO.

We have many many happy customers that use BobCAD CAM to program their parts. Doug is a great example, http://www.bobcad.com/articles/bobcad-cam-works-for-me.html

We also have well know clients like Paul Jr Design , http://wwww.pauljrdesigns.com/lifestyle/bikes/daytona-camaro.html The badges they make are designed and machined in BobCAD.

4) Olive Branch

If you've had problems with BobCAD CAM and a company or product in the past I want to help. Please PM me you contact information. I will work with my team to resolve any issues and make things right!

Lee Roberts
24-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Well said Al, thanks for your support of the community.

.Me

Ricardoco
24-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Olive Branch

If you've had problems with BobCAD CAM and a company or product in the past I want to help. Please PM me you contact information. I will work with my team to resolve any issues and make things right!

Now there is an offer you dont get every day, i hope this sorts itself out... and remember word of mouth goes both ways ... nice one Al

JAZZCNC
25-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Ok first thank you for the offer and I will send details. . .BUT please don't think I haven't contacted Bobcad about this I most certainly did.
Many emails where sent but very little reply was recieved. I say very little because I did recieve some reply and was being dealt with by a lady who was supposedly "looking into it" but then all contact stopped. Several more emails where sent asking what was happening were never answered.!!

Now heres the really annoying part from my perspective.!! . . . Your sales team contact me often trying to have me upgrade etc and each time I explain " NO WAY" and tell them why, not one of them has turned round and offered to correct the situation. While ever your sales people show no interest towards helping correct this I will show no interest in renewing or promoting Bobcad.
This is only BOBCADS loss because if I had a Dollar for every person I help who has asked me what software I would recommend I would be far more wealthy.!!

Crazy thing is I actually like BOBCAD very much and can create geometry and G-code very quickly. I've helped many a user with getting to grips with the software or ways of achieving things but like has been said earlier Software alone does not make the package and unfortunatly your after sales are letting the side down badly.!!
(Oh the crashing can be annoying but I don't fully blame BC other software can and does do this but V23 does seem to fall down easily.? . . .Allways at the wrong times.!!)

aldepoalo
25-05-2012, 04:36 PM
JAZZCNC,

I apologize for how your account was handled. It is unacceptable and I want to make sure you account is handled properly from here on out. Please PM your contact information asap. I will make things right!

Al

JAZZCNC
25-05-2012, 05:46 PM
JAZZCNC,

I apologize for how your account was handled. It is unacceptable and I want to make sure you account is handled properly from here on out. Please PM your contact information asap. I will make things right!

Al

Thanks PM sent.

JAZZCNC
26-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Ok folks I'm very happy to say that Al DePoalo from Bobcad has been true to his word and made the situation right. I won't go into specifics, if Al wants to disclose the specifics that's fine by me but I won't here and now.!

I will say I'm more than happy with the bridge building Al has done and very pleased with the timely fashion he's done it in.

I would like to point out and just say for the record I do and Always have liked using Bobcad. Just not the service I had recieved in the past. With people like Al Depoalo around at bobcad hopefully things like this will always be a thing of the past.!

Again BIG thanks and respect Al Depoalo and some faith has been restored in Bobcad service.

cheers
Dean.

motoxy
26-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Man I like a happy ending.

glococo
20-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Why do I have to install XP to use BOBCAD ??
Will your app run on WINE ??? (Ubuntu for example)

Thanks in advance and wait your sincere reply.