PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: Small Alu plates needed

m_c
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm needing 6 of the attached plate machined for some prototypes.

They're a 35mm square, with a flat sided circle in the center for locating a connector, and four 5mm bolt holes.
Plate thickness isn't critical but something in the region of 1 to 3mm is needed (round 2mm is probably best), and provided the bolt hole positions are marked, I can drill them myself.

The main bit I need done is the connector mounting hole.I
've drawn it with perfect internal corners, but for machining, it can be undercut into the circle by upto a mm (anymore and the sealing o-ring won't be effective), as I'd like the straight edge to remain untouched (it helps with stopping the connector from spinning).

The connectors are Bulgin PX0412 series, and I can supply a connector if needed to check fit.

JAZZCNC
05-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Will Check what plate I have and will knock you some up tommorow.

Think I have some 3mm Alu plate.? Does it need to be Alu If it's for proto's because think I have some thin HDPE has well.?

m_c
05-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Now you mention it, it doesn't have to be Alu, it's just that's what I made the main housing from.

JAZZCNC
05-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Can the corner were the circle meets the flat have a slight radius.? Say If I use a 1mm tool to clean up will leave 0.5mm radius is that ok.?

m_c
06-06-2012, 12:56 AM
0.5mm radius should be fine. If needed I'll just buff the corners of the connectors.

JAZZCNC
06-06-2012, 01:13 AM
0.5mm radius should be fine. If needed I'll just buff the corners of the connectors.

Ok Consider it done will womp them off tomoz.!

JAZZCNC
06-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Ok Done but only had 3mm ALU, HDPE was 4mm. Couldn't use 1mm bit not enough flute length so nearist I had was 1.5mm but don't think it will be problem see pics.
If you need corner sharper than this then a quick rub with a sharp file will sort it.!

Don't worrie those holes are only 5mm they look massive in pics.!!

PM me your Adddress and I'll stick them in post.