PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium Profile - ValuFrame?

Tenson
12-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi guys,

I tried to buy some 40x40 aluminium profile from ValuFrame but was told I need to have delivery made to a commercial premises and there is a minimum order of £100. Since it was my first order they said they would overlook the minimum order but it's a pain to get delivery to another address.

Can anyone suggest a place where I can get aluminium profile? I need 5x 1m lengths of 40x40.

Cheers!

Tenson
12-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, I just ordered with them. Actually my order was £156+VAT as I decided to build the machine bed with it too.

Tenson
12-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Any recommendations for a steel box section supplier?

Jonathan
12-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Search for somewhere local - there's bound to be plenty of places in London. Just Google steel stockholder... phone them up and just make sure you know exactly what you need as industrial companies tend to just not bother / quote a silly price if it's not straightforward.

JAZZCNC
12-06-2012, 05:48 PM
What Jonathan advise's is correct but be aware that most steel stock holders only deal in full length's. For box section these length's are often 7.5mtrs in length.
Some may cut to length but still charge for full length and also may charge to cut.

If you only want short lengths and low qty then expect to pay a premium price. To give some Idea for full length's 7.5mtr 50x50x3mm I pay between £24 - £28 +vat (Which gets forgot about for cash) depending on steel prices at the time. Unfortunatly no point me giving you my supplier has they only deal local and don't internet or mail order.

Edit: RE: Value frame: Every pice I've ever had to deal with from them is either not cut to correct length or end not cut straight or both.!! Won't buy from them for that reason plus KJN are mostly cheaper and cut spot on every time.!

Lee Roberts
22-06-2012, 10:35 AM
ValuFrame (Automation Supplies Ltd) are just down the road from me, 10mins away!

I gave them a call awhile ago asking for some profile for a very small job, i got the £100 min order thing told to me and then wouldnt let me collect...even when i said i'm literally 10 mins down the road (Wigan).

If i remember correct i was told "Its only £10 for postage and it will be on a next day service.".....really?...what ever mate!

Thanks for the warning Jazz i was thinking of going back to them for another try but i dont think i will now, i have spoken to kjn on the phone and they couldnt have been more helpful.

.Me

blackburn mark
22-06-2012, 10:50 AM
ValuFrame (Automation Supplies Ltd) are just down the road from me, 10mins away!

I gave them a call awhile ago asking for some profile for a very small job, i got the £100 min order thing told to me and then wouldnt let me collect...even when i said i'm literally 10 mins down the road (Wigan).

If i remember correct i was told "Its only £10 for postage and it will be on a next day service.".....really?...what ever mate!

Thanks for the warning Jazz i was thinking of going back to them for another try but i dont think i will now, i have spoken to kjn on the phone and they couldnt have been more helpful.

.Me

im sure he just has an office and just plays the middle man thats why he wont let you collect, my profile came over from the continent, i had no problems with quality and lengths though

Ricardoco
22-06-2012, 10:52 AM
tell em to shove it and use these http://www.kjnltd.co.uk/and i second that I sent them drawings and they cut all my bits to size and sorted out what fixings i needed, they also sent me software to design in the future free of charge, to be fair they built my first machine minus rails and screws and the cutting was very accurate.. they are very good...

Ricardoco
22-06-2012, 11:20 AM
i cant fault em although im not that keen on the range of fittings for cnc frames,i like the range of fittings/plates 8020 do in the states,i did mention it to kjn when down there a year or two back but i dont think it grabbed them.
i reckon they,d be a big hit.
Hmmm i think they are distributors/suppliers of rexroth products (thats who makes the software they sent me ) so i suspect if you tracked down some information from Rexroth part/order numbers or stock codes they might sing another tune... lol i certainly managed to get me some bits they dont normaly do

Tenson
22-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I got my stuff from KJN. It came nicely cut and in good condition. Recommended :)

valuframeuk
28-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Hello everyone.

Fascinating reading, I'm actually the owner of the company, so this is a really interesting thread and I'd like to comment on some of the items raised here.

Regarding the delivery to a commercial address, we are primarily a business to business supplier and our carrier contract is set up to deliver to businesses in industrial estates and so on rather than domestic addresses.
There is a higher cost for, and often problems with delivering to home addresses when nobody is home. If nobody is available when the carrier tries to deliver, they will not drop off the goods without a signature so they have to re-present the goods. This incurs an extra charge for us and therefore you, so we always ask if our clients can provide a business address for the drop off, maybe an office, factory or shop where you or a friend or a family member can sign for the goods.

We are not saying a home delivery cannot be done. It's just more expensive potentially for both parties.

Yes we do have a minimum order charge of £100 presently because for us, smaller orders are not profitable, but we are investigating having an online shop soon so maybe that will be better suited. It is explained in out terms and conditions see www.valuframe.co.uk (http://www.valuframe.co.uk) to download the price list and catalogue.

Linear motion is not our strong suit, we have so far concentrated more on the structural elements of our system. Who knows, in the future we may develop the linear side.

We do have a warehouse in the UK with a full stock, but our office is in a separate location in Preston.

We are not connected with Rexroth in any way.

We are happy to deal with private individuals who can live with the above for the time being, but for now I suppose you can't please everyone!

Part-on Tools Limited
14-07-2020, 03:36 PM
Hi guys,

I tried to buy some 40x40 aluminium profile from ValuFrame but was told I need to have delivery made to a commercial premises and there is a minimum order of £100. Since it was my first order they said they would overlook the minimum order but it's a pain to get delivery to another address.

Can anyone suggest a place where I can get aluminium profile? I need 5x 1m lengths of 40x40.

Cheers!

Hi There,

Try us please... No MOQ and order straight from he shop. https://www.part-on.co.uk/category/strut-profile/

alanambrose
24-09-2020, 07:21 PM
Look at these too:

KJN (https://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk/) (will ship long lengths)

Motedis (inexpensive, but limited on lengths)

Mitsumi (shipped from Germany, but has some fancier cutting services and profiles)

The length limit is probably not a problem if you're building non-industrial machines...

Also aliexpress for cheaper profile fixings, t-nuts etc.

Alan