PDA

View Full Version : Square Ballnut??

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 05:29 PM
As usual sourcing the bits i need and came across this but as you can see from the link they have not stock, any ideas where else i can get them in the uk..

http://www.wmh-trans.co.uk/Products/HIWIN_BALLSCREW_NUT_SSV_TYPE/R16-5B1-SSV

Jonathan
29-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Why do you want a square one? They're rather expensive compared to RM1605 ballnuts, plus it means you'll have to get the ballscrew from England and pay a fortune to have it machined.

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I will machine it myself and its not that expensive for the ballnut and they offer an anealing service for a fiver, the alternative is machining out under the bed where the nut will be mounted. so do you know where i can get them then??

i2i
29-06-2012, 05:57 PM
:wink:you could try Hiwin

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 06:08 PM
:wink:you could try Hiwin
have you got a link then??

Jonathan
29-06-2012, 06:33 PM
have you got a link then??

Have you got google then?

its not that expensive for the ballnut [...] the alternative is machining out under the bed where the nut will be mounted.

About £60 with vat, so almost 3 times the price of one RM1605 in China. I know which I'd rather... for the price of that ballnut you could get two Chinese ball-nuts, Belleville washers and preload them to get zero backlash with money to spare to make the mount. To me it would be well worth machining the bed, may not even need to if you used RM1204 ball-nuts as they're significantly smaller than RM1605. Since you wouldn't have to machine the ballscrews the overall man-hours is probably quite similar.
What machine is this for?

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Have you got google then?

About £60 with vat, so almost 3 times the price of one RM1605 in China. I know which I'd rather... for the price of that ballnut you could get two Chinese ball-nuts, Belleville washers and preload them to get zero backlash with money to spare to make the mount. To me it would be well worth machining the bed, may not even need to if you used RM1204 ball-nuts as they're significantly smaller than RM1605. Since you wouldn't have to machine the ballscrews the overall man-hours is probably quite similar.
What machine is this for?

1205 is too small, its for an existing metal working machine not a DIY one, and as such was designed with a 1605 so i would assume thats what it would require, and to be fair i would pay double that if i could get it tuesday, sometimes its about speed and quality not money, it has to be done correctly so, the existing nut is square so i just swap it out, i dont have the time to machine an 800x20x6mm slot in a cast bed, it just dosnt make chronological sence for me, but it may suit others, i know which machine i would rather buy though....

Rick

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Have you got google then??
Your a bit rude arnt you, people follow the threads on these forums and as such i2i has suggested something that others may find interesting so i asked if he had a link, i was using google the day the site was posted and others long before it, all the information on this forum can be found else where, but we come here to share our experiences have a chat and help each other out. and being a community officer you should be encouraging people to bring the information here not sending them away....to google..

Gary
29-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Hiwin are the manufacture of that nut, and are in Taiwan, but do have an office in Germany, but it is unlikely you will get a reply direct from them because they are only interested in dealing with distributors or EOMs.
you will be best looking for a hiwin distributor and contacting them.
http://www.hiwin.com.tw

m.marino
29-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks for shedding some light on that Gary.

Michael

JAZZCNC
29-06-2012, 09:18 PM
As usual sourcing the bits i need and came across this but as you can see from the link they have not stock, any ideas where else i can get them in the uk..

http://www.wmh-trans.co.uk/Products/HIWIN_BALLSCREW_NUT_SSV_TYPE/R16-5B1-SSV

Have you spoke to them.? (WHM) If not then it may be worth doing so has they may be able to have one sent direct from Germany via FedEX.?

JAZZCNC
29-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Your a bit rude arnt you, being a community officer you should be encouraging people to bring the information here not sending them away....to google..

Ah ah ah only just seen that.!!. . . . He'd make a good real community officer.?? . . . . There f@#£ing useless and incompetent has well. . :stupid:

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Hiwin are the manufacture of that nut, and are in Taiwan, but do have an office in Germany, but it is unlikely you will get a reply direct from them because they are only interested in dealing with distributors or EOMs.
you will be best looking for a hiwin distributor and contacting them.
http://www.hiwin.com.tw Hey Gary, cant you get me one by tuesday then...LOL EOM'S???? Oh you mean OEM's LOL just kidding..

John S
29-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Neer, Gary's at the hairdressers on Tuesdays.

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Have you spoke to them.? (WHM) If not then it may be worth doing so has they may be able to have one sent direct from Germany via FedEX.? Well before i noticed they had no stock i spoke to them about machining the ends of the ballscrews £100 per screw or £5 to aneal the ends, so 30mins later i picked myself up of the floor and he had gone when i picked the phone up again....LMAO it was then too late to ring them back

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Its not that ive anything against ordering from the orient but its too slow, Ive just got this quote for some other stuff:
2pcs 2000mm SBR20 fully supported rail and 4pcs SBR20UU blocks
2pcs 2000mm RM1605 Ballscrews and nuts C7(TWO SPINDLE+TWO NUTS)
1pcs 1200mm RM1605 Ballscrew and nut C7(ONE SPINDLE + ONE NUT)
is USD$327.00 shipping is USD$184.00

But 15 days, thats half a month to me!!!!!

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Shit ive double booked as well i'm at tanning sallon...lol

Gary
29-06-2012, 10:16 PM
John you are getting mixed up, tuesday is my day off.

Neer, Gary's at the hairdressers on Tuesdays.

Gary
29-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Sorry i don't deal with Hiwin ballscrews, just Gten and they dont have this type.

Hey Gary, cant you get me one by tuesday then...LOL EOM'S???? Oh you mean OEM's LOL just kidding..

Ricardoco
29-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Sorry i don't deal with Hiwin ballscrews, just Gten and they dont have this type.Im Gutted!!