PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi from east yorkshire

tgrcnc
01-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Evening members,

I’ve watched the forum for about 6 months now and come back for information and such like,

Little about me, hmmm im a young lad from East Yorkshire between York and Hull, Even at my age i have saved a nice capital amount of money to go and look at setting up as a cnc contractor, while prototyping/developing some items of my own that i have been drawing and planning for 2 or more years.

I’ve been helping/hindering/learning from a friend that runs a Haas tm3 and a tl1 as a hobbyist.

So with the Haas and other cnc experience I’ve gained running other machines, i have decided to setup offering cnc contracting in a range of fields.

Taken on a 1000sq unit local to me, my "plan" is to purchase a dmg mori seki lathe with a bar feed and a mill most likely from hurco/haas or if i can push for work then will consider a mill from dmg if the works there.

As per usual with everything its depending if i can source work for them (chicken and the egg!) if worse case it’s a no then im already a coded welder so will stick with light fabrication as a main rather than side job.

Think that’s a good enough introduction if not ask and answers will be posted.

Ben

audioandy
01-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Hi Ben

Welcome to the forum :beer:

Good luck with your new venture hope everything turns out ok for you.

Andy

tgrcnc
02-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Ben

Welcome to the forum :beer:

Good luck with your new venture hope everything turns out ok for you.

Andy

Cheers Andy,

You me both!

Ben