View Full Version : Filigree help

06-07-2012, 05:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a filigree picture, or dxf?

Filigree is what is engraved on gun parts, but im struggling to find filigree paterns to cover parts. I cant add filigree to other filigree because it doesnt look right.

So any help from you guys or experience would help :)

Cheers simon

Robin Hewitt
06-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Good luck! I've been collecting guns for more years than I care to remember. The filigree is usually sculptured to fit a specific shape, but I suspect they followed simple rules to create it because you instantly know when it is wrong. Well, instantly if you have wasted your life messing about with old guns :joker:

I have possibly the oldest surviving gun lock, dated mid to late 15th century by that nice Mr Pegler at the Royal Armouries. It's a snapping matchlock with both side button and trigger release. Amazingly after 500 years at the bottom of the Thames it still works and the engraving on the serpentine survives, it's a dragon.

06-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Thats awsome i bet guns today wouldnt survive, and yeh i thought it would be specific.

All i need is like an a4 sheet of just swirly line asuch lol.