PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: Z axis front plate

Shinobiwan
13-07-2012, 05:44 PM
As title

Size is 395 x 170 and the alu thickness isn't critical - 17-20mm is fine. There are 26x M5 tapped holes to do but the rest is fairly straight forward profiling and pocketing.

Ignore the spindle mount in these pictures, its the plate I'm interested in.

I can supply the alu used for the plate or pay you for yours. Either way I'm paying for the the work involved.

Thanks
Ant

Jonathan
14-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Good morning,
I know this was posted a while ago now but if you still require this to be made send me PM and i should be able to do it within the next couple of weeks. Do you have a drawing to work from? Alternatively, if that is a solidworks model i can import it straight in.

I'm pretty sure from the StrikeCNC thread that Jazz made this part some time ago..

dudz
10-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi Dom,
I am looking for a very similar Z plate to be made if you are interested in providing the Alu and making it for me ? (at my cost obviously)
I have ordered a Chinese "80mm spindle" mount to go on it ;
Top quality mount bracket Clamp 80mm diameter for spindle motor free shipping | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251033283489?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649)

I will give you the exact dimensions when you confirm. Needs to be sent to N.France..

Jonathan
10-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I should be able to make it, but it will come with a long weight free of charge...

dudz
10-11-2012, 11:22 PM
haha, how long is the long wait ?

martin54
10-11-2012, 11:24 PM
I should be able to make it, but it will come with a long weight free of charge...

If your going to be making these Jonathan I think I could probably use one as well, just need to know if you would be able to supply a spur lash as well as a long weight??

Jonathan
10-11-2012, 11:44 PM
haha, how long is the long wait ?

How long is a piece of string...
I've got a few other things I've agreed to make for people, so I can only do it once they are finished which will be at least a month so probably around Christmas.

just need to know if you would be able to supply a spur lash as well as a long weight??

I'm afraid not, it's too difficult to package, however I could include a left handed Allen key to help with assembly if that's any use?

dudz
11-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Sounds good. When the spindle collar arrives, I can give you the hole spacings etc.... 250mm tall, 160mm wide should do it? 15-20mm thick. How would I know if my Z axis can handle the weight of this spindle ?. The spindle is the same physical width as my whole Z axis, although with max force I can not feel any play or movement at all.