PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion.!! . . Am I the only one it BUGS.!!

JAZZCNC
22-07-2012, 05:33 PM
There's a little annoyance to me while I'm viewing post's or should say first viewing threads/post's.?

Maybe I've been on the Cnczone too long but I've come to get used to how it works in one particular way and feel this site would be better to adopt this approach.?

When I get email telling me there's been a reply to a thread I've posted on. . OR . . when clicking on link in the recent activity it always take you to the beggining of the thread or post No1.!!. . Which is fine for the odd thread with only a few pages but some are 10-20+ pages long and it's a pain clicking on the last page button every time, Esp when you look or keep up with lots of threads like I try to do.!
I realise some of the newer memebers will want to start at the beggining of thread and read thru to the end but after that then they will just want the updated pages like I do and I think meny others will do the same.?

SO am I the only one or do others feel the same.?

EDIT: My BAD.!!!. . . I didn't realise that I could set the viewing order my self so I'm sorted now.!!

BUT just in case others are feeling the same and didn't know it's in the settings section under
General settings-thread display options-thread display mode.

Lee Roberts
22-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi Jazz,

Yes I set it up this way for users registering on/for the site for the first time. As you have noted it can be changed on an individual user basis.

I am currently working on a site Wiki, this kind of information is more readily available there, in the mean time you can also view the current FAQ section (http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/faq.php) for info on how to use the forum.

.Me

wilfy
22-07-2012, 08:04 PM
i presume you are talking about when you are on a page that doesnt have the little "go to first new post arrow" at the side of the thread title?

i personally click new posts at the top to see what is new and the arrow is to the left of the title on that page, i understand though that in other views its possibly not there