PDA

View Full Version : Plasma file problem?

D-man
26-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Hey guys, im trying to cut this part on the plasma but its telling me that its not the correct file and then something about start points....

Im new to the CAD so im trying to put asside some time to figure this out.

Can one of you good guys take a look at the file and give me some information as to where im going wrong?

JAZZCNC
26-07-2012, 05:22 PM
What control software.? . . . Are you trying to use the control software to turn it to G-code.?

D-man
26-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Its Techserve software. When ive drawin a DXF all i do is load it in and it converts everything itself (not how i would prefer but thats how it is) other files work but just not mine lol so it my fault in CAD somewhere

Web Goblin
26-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Did you try the file I posted on your other thread?

D-man
26-07-2012, 09:52 PM
I have not had time yet buddy I'm away from the machine. I will do it in morn as I don't have any of that software at home.

Other thread.... Sorry for creating two threads guys phone rang and I must of created another thread.

Jonathan
26-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I have not had time yet buddy I'm away from the machine. I will do it in morn as I don't have any of that software at home.

Try this one:

The CAD program I normally use gave a similar error, so I just opened it in the free version of Cambam and exported it as DXF.

D-man
26-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Cheers will do in the morning.

Robin Hewitt
26-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Blimey, it has some whacky Bezier style curves in it with drag points as per Corel Draw, I can understand why you are having problems.

AutoCAD can read it and edit it, but without proper arcs it can't explode it. Chances of LesserCAD reading it somewhere between Zilch and bugger all.

Here's a version that should work, I traced over your pic...

D-man
26-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Rob you guessed it. It was created in coreldraw x5 but I assumed that with Corel exporting dxf it would be ok. However I was wrong. So what I done is imported it into autocad and draw over the top to copy it lol and it still didn't work

D-man
27-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Blimey, it has some whacky Bezier style curves in it with drag points as per Corel Draw, I can understand why you are having problems.

AutoCAD can read it and edit it, but without proper arcs it can't explode it. Chances of LesserCAD reading it somewhere between Zilch and bugger all.

Here's a version that should work, I traced over your pic...

Robin that file worked!