PDA

View Full Version : Was I the only one to get GO DADDY advert pop up.!!

JAZZCNC
27-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Ok I just got a Go Daddy advert popping up for a 1 minute then off 1 minute for a total of about 10mins then disappeared.?
Don't think it's my system because I've got other windows open and it wasn't happening on them.? (Using fire fox)

I was writing a reply in a post when it happened and it locked me out untill it went away.?

I've just done a full virus check with upto date bought AVG not the free version and my system shows clean.!! . . . Not impressed if it's a forum issue.:thumbdown:

m_c
27-07-2012, 06:44 PM
I got it aswell.
Somebody must of forgotten to of put the pennies in the meter!

mocha
27-07-2012, 06:44 PM
This issue has been escalated to "permission to quiver"
problem resolved.

:-)

minor glitch at the server end.. should be ok now.. unless you're on Virgin... That might still be showing some ads...

JAZZCNC
27-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Keep calm and carry on! :-)

minor glitch at the server end.. should be ok now..

What kind of glitch.? . . . . .Security kind.? . . . . . Hope my details are safe and I'm not about to start getting bombarded with Junk.!!

m_c
27-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Only glitch was with somebody not renewing the domain name.

Your account details will be as safe as normal.

mocha
27-07-2012, 07:11 PM
spot on MC, credit card details expired...

The exercise will be rerun in 5 years time!

WandrinAndy
27-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Ok I just got a Go Daddy advert popping up for a 1 minute then off 1 minute for a total of about 10mins then disappeared.?
Don't think it's my system because I've got other windows open and it wasn't happening on them.? (Using fire fox)

I didn't get a popup, but at around that time got some security message... which I think was something to do with a Java applet that had an expired certificate or summat... which I declined.

Maybe this was one and the same problem, but your security defs are a little looser than mine...

For those of us that missed it, was the advert decent viewing?

phill05
28-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I am still getting the security warning won't go away, any advise?

Phill

irving2008
28-07-2012, 04:31 PM
I am still getting the security warning won't go away, any advise?

Phill
try emptying your browser cache? (Ctrl+F5 for IE)

motoxy
29-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Got it again today. Get the new card out!!

wilfy
29-07-2012, 05:39 PM
i've only just been able to use the site for the first time since friday afternoon.. virgin media here which prob explains the slow dns or something?

mocha
29-07-2012, 05:41 PM
The new card was sorted within 10mins of gofaffy and their advert. Even though they didn't bother to use the alternative payment (paypal) system that had been set up.

I believe that any continuing issue is a cache issue rather than a cash issue. :-) There's a couple of ISPs that seem to be taking a while to update their DNS...

Motox who's your ISP?

(cross post to maintenance forum)

m_c
29-07-2012, 08:58 PM
It's more likely the DNS cache on a users computer is still pointing to the holding page. Generally all major DNS server caches are updated within few hours with any changes, but some computers cache DNS lookups for several days.

motoxy
29-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Working fine now. Thanks