PDA

View Full Version : Torch Height control

Bobp
28-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I have purchased the THC in the link below but have no idea how to wire it to either the 15 pin plug or 12 pin connector on the TB6560 driver board. If it would wire to the twelve in connector his would keep the plug free for a remote.

http://proma-elektronika.pl/download/doc/thc_en.pdf

3 Axis TB6560 CNC Stepper Motor Driver Board Controller | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Axis-TB6560-CNC-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Board-Controller-/320878949251#vi-content)

Hope somone can help

Thanks

Bob

Ricardoco
28-07-2012, 01:53 PM
I set mine up with the instructions i found on the mach3 forums. I did have to read a lot of posts though.. Im sure someone on here will be of help and has a good amount of information on the subject..

JAZZCNC
28-07-2012, 02:16 PM
From the looks of it you just take a wire from the UP/ARC/DWN connections on the THC device to a spare inputs on the TB board.
The COM will go to the com or GND pin on the TB.
Then in the control software setup the THC inputs for UP/ON/DOWN to the same pins from the TB.

The + & - are power the THC device needs so come from a separate supply which by the looks of it can be anything between 5 & 35V I'd use 24V has it will better handle any noise issue's and quite cheap to find.

That link to the TB doesn't show pin outs so can't help with telling you pin numbers unless you can find a link to the manual.?

Ricardoco
28-07-2012, 03:34 PM
From the looks of it you just take a wire from the UP/ARC/DWN connections on the THC device to a spare inputs on the TB board.
Then in the control software setup the THC inputs for UP/ON/DOWN to the same pins from the TB.

The + & - are power the THC device needs so come from a separate supply which by the looks of it can be anything between 5 & 35V I'd use 24V has it will better handle any noise issue's and quite cheap to find.

That link to the TB doesn't show pin outs so can't help with telling you pin numbers unless you can find a link to the manual.?

As usual you have it Jazz, here is an add from fleebay with some pics of the configuration at the bottom.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proffessional-Compact-CNC-Plasma-THC-Controller-Torch-Height-Control-/170883127332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c96d9824

Ricardoco
28-07-2012, 04:21 PM

As usual you have it Jazz, here is an add from fleebay with some pics of the configuration at the bottom.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proffessional-Compact-CNC-Plasma-THC-Controller-Torch-Height-Control-/170883127332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c96d9824

Bobp
29-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Thank you both for your replies. I just don't know where to add the up down wires to the board as the only free connections are either on the 15 pin remote plug or the 12 pin connection just behind it which seems to be used to connect a dro. All other connection points are used up with motors, e stop and limit switches

Ricardoco
29-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Ahhh i see, have you got a better picture of your TB 6560 as there are several variations:

Such as the one above that dosnt appear to have the ones you mention behind the 15pin D

This one clearly shows some spare inputs on the right..

I know you have a Ebay picture listed but can you get a better picture of the terminals for me..

Rick

Ricardoco
29-07-2012, 09:10 PM
If all else fails and you have used all the inputs near the Estop input (there are 4 possible) then you may have to use the pendant input (15pinD) lets see what the pic tells us

Rick

Bobp
29-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi Rick,

It is the same as the one shown on the ebay link and any photo on the disc or manual is the same

Ricardoco
29-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi Rick,

It is the same as the one shown on the ebay link and any photo on the disc or manual is the same Have you fitted it to a machine and if so have you used any of the inputs where the E-stop input is shown in the add?

Bobp
29-07-2012, 09:18 PM
I think this may give more info

http://www.fozztexx.com/CNC/HY-TB3DV-M_3Axis_Driver.pdf

Bobp
29-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I have used all those inputs for e stop and limits. May have to forget about the limits and use those pins?

Ricardoco
29-07-2012, 09:22 PM
I have used all those inputs for e stop and limits. May have to forget about the limits and use those pins?

I think there are inputs where the pendant plugs in, ill have a look see..

Bobp
29-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks Rick

Ricardoco
29-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I have used all those inputs for e stop and limits. May have to forget about the limits and use those pins?nope I cant see any spares so either lose two limit inputs or look at the pendant input, after all you are joging the Z up and down with the THC arnt you?

Rick

Ricardoco
29-07-2012, 09:41 PM
nope I cant see any spares so either lose two limit inputs or look at the pendant input, after all you are joging the Z up and down with the THC arnt you?

RickTo be fair i struggled with inputs on my own machine so got another Parallel card from ebay and the cheapest Breakout board i could and ran all my limits from that board only..

Bobp
29-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I will use the z limits inputs. I have been sickened with waist thus far so the thc is a must.

Thanks for your help Rick

Ricardoco
29-07-2012, 09:57 PM
You are very welcome, but hey keep me updated with your Plasma exploits as im building 1 myself next month and i would be very interested in how things turn out with your THC as i suspect i will get the same one you have..

Nibbler
02-09-2017, 12:25 PM
I know this thread is pretty old but may I ask if you ever had success ? I want to use a TB6560 with Proma THC too and I am a bit confused with the manual.

Bryan Johnson
04-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Hi Nibbler
Did you manage to connect the THC from Proma easily and how was your experience ?
Looking to by one but I am confused between 2 brands.

Nibbler
05-04-2019, 07:38 AM
Hi Bryan, I exchanged it to the older version and this one works, though I also changed the chinese plasma against a powertherm.

carlos
09-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Ahhh i see, have you got a better picture of your TB 6560 as there are several variations:

Such as the one above that dosnt appear to have the ones you mention behind the 15pin D

This one clearly shows some spare inputs on the right..

I know you have a Ebay picture listed but can you get a better picture of the terminals for me..

Rick

Hi friend, I know it is a long time after this thread that I ask this question, I have the same problem of not knowing where to connect my proma thc 150 compact, I have a 4-axis TB6560 but in reality I am a bit lost with respect to the manual of the sensor, my plasma is a powermax 65, if you could give me a hand I would appreciate it very much