PDA

View Full Version : I hate waiting for the posty...

Ricardoco
31-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Im so weak, i was looking on fleabay (fatal) and a white light appeared before my eyes and commanded that to save the world i must first buy this list of items so i did...

Now ive worn a hole in the carpet waiting for them...

Rick:pirate:

irving2008
31-07-2012, 02:48 PM
:cool:
what's the first one? and why the others?

Ricardoco
31-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Ok the first one is a heated bed, and the rest i got because ive time constraints, so for what they cost i was happy to buy ready made.... to be fair the system is very well featured and it means i dont have to connect a pc.

Rick

i2i
31-07-2012, 03:12 PM
there's no lights on that switch, what's going on ?

Ricardoco
31-07-2012, 03:18 PM
there's no lights on that switch, what's going on ? its funny you should mention that, take another look at the pics..

Rick

Washout
31-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi Ricardoco,

Are you 3D printing with that heated bed?

If so, which extruder are you getting/got?

Oh yeah, waiting for parcelfarce is horrible (especially with imports)....

Chris

Ricardoco
31-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi Ricardoco,

Are you 3D printing with that heated bed?

If so, which extruder are you getting/got?

Oh yeah, waiting for parcelfarce is horrible (especially with imports)....

Chris
LOL they dont miss much on here do they....ok here are the pics of the other bits im waiting for.

Extra Stepper driver as im using a stepper for the Extruder not a small motor.

There ya go

Rick

i2i
31-07-2012, 04:02 PM
its funny you should mention that, take another look at the pics..

Ricklast pic with the leds ?

Ricardoco
31-07-2012, 04:07 PM
last pic with the leds ?

Yep LEDS well it would be rude to have no lights on it, somehow it just wouldnt seem complete lol

Rick

Web Goblin
01-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Are you making a Replicator or a Thing o Matic?

Ricardoco
01-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Are you making a Replicator or a Thing o Matic?

Well im only using their electrics (I will be customising the firmware a little) combined with some profile and rails I had around, so I will have to say its going to be a Rick-O-Matic.

Rick

Jonathan
01-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Well im only using their electrics (I will be customising the firmware a little) combined with some profile and rails I had around, so I will have to say its going to be a Rick-O-Matic.

Rick

If only you could delete the word 'and' from that sentence...

Ricardoco
01-08-2012, 05:54 PM
If only you could delete the word 'and' from that sentence... Show me...

Jonathan
01-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Show me...

combined with some profile and rails I had around

becomes,

combined with some profile rails I had around

Which would be rather nice to have 'around'!

Web Goblin
01-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I thought he meant he had some alu profile and some rails lying around that he was going to use. Made sense to me.
I had looked at a 3d printer a while ago as well and might still go for it one day. I have downloaded the dxfs for the replicator frame and I am currently working on modifying them to be cut from 10mm acrylic on the router. Need to remove all the slots and pins and add screw holes.

WandrinAndy
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
... would be rather nice to have 'around'!

Splendid idea... Count me in if it's your shout!:beer:

Jonathan
01-08-2012, 10:39 PM
I've considered making a plastic extruder for my CNC router as it wouldn't be hard to design it to fit in the existing 80mm spindle mount, making it a quick change between router and rapid prototyper. However I'm not sure what I'd actually make with it (which doesn't normally stop me!) since the finish on the 'hobby' ones I've seen is still quite rough compared to the commercial printers. If you can make something as good as the commercial ones then there's a lot of money to be made from rapid prototyping for companies. I recently saw some parts that the company I'm at got rapid prototyped from nylon. I could cut them on my router for less than they were charged.

I thought he meant he had some alu profile and some rails lying around that he was going to use. Made sense to me.

I know what it actually meant...

Ricardoco
02-08-2012, 06:57 AM
I had looked at a 3d printer a while ago as well and might still go for it one day. I have downloaded the dxfs for the replicator frame and I am currently working on modifying them to be cut from 10mm acrylic on the router. Need to remove all the slots and pins and add screw holes. It made sence to me too because you are exactly right... nuff said...

Ricardoco
02-08-2012, 07:32 AM
I've considered making a plastic extruder for my CNC router, as it wouldn't be hard to design it to fit in the existing 80mm spindle mount, making it a quick change between router and rapid prototyper. However I'm not sure what I'd actually make with it (which doesn't normally stop me!) since the finish on the 'hobby' ones I've seen is still quite rough compared to the commercial printers. If you can make something as good as the commercial ones, then there's a lot of money to be made from rapid prototyping for companies. I recently saw some parts that the company I'm with got rapid prototyped from nylon. I could cut them on my router for less than they were charged.

I knew what it actually meant...:whistle: I know you knew what i meant, just as you know what i knew you meant.

The quality has improved somewhat of late, it is such a popular concept that I'm sure many people will end up here in the end, given the similarities between the disciplines.

As the tech they use at the moment is improved by the geeks, I'm sure we will all benefit, I'm sure you, I, and many others here, with a little effort could turn out a perfectly acceptable machine given the accuracy that is sadly lacking in most of the machines I've seen working on YouTube.

Those people that I've seen take the time to build the machines correctly, seem to get some perfectly acceptable results. In fact some even produce things i would like to own/use.. Some of the things I've seen cannot be produced in any other way but 3D printing, and lets not forget the differences between the commercial proven resin printing technology and the DIY extrusion technology that has emerged from the concept..

boldford
03-08-2012, 06:20 PM
. . . . . .

Now ive worn a hole in the carpet waiting for them...

Rick:pirate:I know the feeling. I'm waiting for some stuff that's on a slow boat from China.:numbness:

Ricardoco
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
I know the feeling. I'm waiting for some stuff that's on a slow boat from China.:numbness: Row boat more like lol,

Even worse is mine arrived today and is sitting there waiting now as im a long shift worker (7on7off) and i dont have the energy to even attempt unboxing it....