PDA

View Full Version : What size water hose for 2kw spindle?

motoxy
04-08-2012, 07:48 PM
I was about to buy some 8/6 mm pvc hose and saw some one talking about 5/7mm. Which do you use?

Bruce

Jonathan
04-08-2012, 08:07 PM
8 mm .

John S
04-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Can't see it being that critical, they only need a dribble of water and it's under pressure anyway.

motoxy
04-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks. Ordered

Iwant1
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks Jonathan for the 8mm dimension, maybe I'm being thick, but is that the inside diameter of the Hose? Also is this a standard size to fit directly onto the pump outlets?

John mentioned, the system will be under pressure, so will I need jubilee clips on the hose at the pump side, or is the hose a very tight push fit?

From a lot CNC builds I've seen, people have a blue liquid in the coolant system. What is this, standard automotive anti freeze?

Thanks
Adil

JAZZCNC
05-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks Jonathan for the 8mm dimension, maybe I'm being thick, but is that the inside diameter of the Hose? Also is this a standard size to fit directly onto the pump outlets?

It will be ID but That depends on the spindle to some degree.? I've had spindles with 6mm & 8mm barbs so check your spindle.
The pump depends.? Most I've had needed step down adaptors from 1/2" to 6 or 8mm. Any decent tropical fish place will stock these.

John mentioned, the system will be under pressure, so will I need jubilee clips on the hose at the pump side, or is the hose a very tight push fit?

From a lot CNC builds I've seen, people have a blue liquid in the coolant system. What is this, standard automotive anti freeze?

Again depends how you do it.? If you just choose the simple method of dropping submersible pump in tank of water then the pressure is virtually nothing.
If on the other hand it's a sealed system then the pressure will be what the pumps rated at.?

I use the simple method the water is Distilled water with Decent anti freeze 60/40% mix.