PDA

View Full Version : Linier slide bearings - can they be adjusted?

craigrobbo
09-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Hey guys, friend of mine is having issues with alot of play in his gantry machine.

It would appear the slide bearings are not contacting properly, is there any ways to adjust preload on them?

Craig

m_c
09-08-2012, 10:24 PM
We need more details!

Any idea on make/part number, or pictures?

Generally play is adjusted by changing the ball size...

JAZZCNC
10-08-2012, 12:44 AM
We need more details!

Any idea on make/part number, or pictures?

Generally play is adjusted by changing the ball size...

Hi M_C spoke to craig about this and they are the shity chinese round rail type that come on the crappy 3020 Ebay machines and by the sounds of it they are fubard.?? Got adjustment screws in sides but make no difference.!!

John S
10-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Nip the blocks up in the vise and hammer them back onto the rail.

Failing that do a search on here for a post by Jonathan on Torsional Stiffness of Round Rails. If I remember right it ran to about 6 pages, print this out and cram it into the ball bushings.

WandrinAndy
10-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Failing that do a search on here for a post by Jonathan on Torsional Stiffness of Round Rails. If I remember right it ran to about 6 pages, print this out and cram it into the ball bushings.

Wish I had taken some of the stuff that you're on tonight... Lol Lol

Jonathan
10-08-2012, 01:15 PM
:chuncky:
I think this is the relevant link:

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/faqs-problems-solutions/4356-why-not-use-unsupported-rails-2.html#post29161

JAZZCNC
10-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Nip the blocks up in the vise and hammer them back onto the rail.

Failing that tell him to throw some sausages & burgers on the bed and light Jonathans "Stiffy" papers sit back watching olympics and learn how to waste even bigger money. .:onthego: