PDA

View Full Version : eBay: 3 x PM752 Microstepping Drivers

Iwant1
19-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi, I have 3 unused PM752 drivers for sale, they are listed here:

3 x PM752 micro stepping drivers for CNC router | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160867995100#ht_500wt_1156)

PM me to get £10 off by buying outside eBay.

Thanks
Adil

WandrinAndy
19-08-2012, 09:45 PM
You have a buyer here Adil I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Andy

Jonathan
19-08-2012, 09:46 PM
It seems you're selling these to get the AM882 drivers? I wouldn't bother as you'll loose money on it for only a small performance gain which you don't really need. Your size machine will work perfectly well with PM752 drivers, mine does...

WandrinAndy
19-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Adil, if you want to change your mind based on Jonathan's posting, that will be fine with me.... Otherwise please remember you have a committed buyer here.

Andy

Iwant1
19-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Sold, Thanks for the interest. Can't believe how quick it was.

JAZZCNC
19-08-2012, 10:11 PM
It seems you're selling these to get the AM882 drivers? I wouldn't bother as you'll loose money on it for only a small performance gain which you don't really need. Your size machine will work perfectly well with PM752 drivers, mine does...

Ignore him he's never used them and he wouldn't be saying that if he had. They are night and day compared to 752's.

Digital drives are the future of steppers systems. And just wait untill people get a look at the new breed of closed loop stepper systems they will blow folks away believe me.!!
I'm playing with one now has I'm typing and can't believe what I'm seeing. Yes they are probably more money at this time than DIY,ers would part with but they will come down and when they do then slaved motor Gantry routers will never be the same again or any machine which doesn't need the speed and torque servo's provide but want the simplicity steppers provide.!!
I'm hoping to be able to post about them but need permission first.!!

Jonathan
19-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Ignore him he's never used them and he wouldn't be saying that if he had.

I have used them.
I'm not disputing that they are better, as that is obvious. The point is the PM752 drives are fit for purpose, i.e. they will run Adil's size machine machine reliably and fast enough, so what's the point in spending more money on swapping the drivers?

Iwant1
19-08-2012, 10:33 PM
It seems you're selling these to get the AM882 drivers?

Too late, I already bought them this afternoon.
Thanks

JAZZCNC
19-08-2012, 11:26 PM
I have used them.
I'm not disputing that they are better, as that is obvious. The point is the PM752 drives are fit for purpose, i.e. they will run Adil's size machine machine reliably and fast enough, so what's the point in spending more money on swapping the drivers?

I have 36" CRT Analogue TV that is fit for purpose but It won't be for long when all analogue TV is switched off and it won't let me watch in 3D HD or surf the internet like my new 40" Digital LED does.?

They are ( Edit: Going to become) dinosaurs and just like my Old TV won't let me watch in HD they won't do what Adil wants.? That is they won't detect stall and shut the machine down before damage is done on his slaved motor machine. Thats makes the difference worth it alone not to mention the other advanced features.!!

John S
19-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Jonathan,

Seeing as you are reading this thread and ignoring the one on the Chinese water cooled spindle plug, can you share a link with me to buy 50 of these for £30 as you stated as I don't seem to find them in quantities greater than 10 for £9.50

Jonathan
20-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Jonathan,

Seeing as you are reading this thread and ignoring the one on the Chinese water cooled spindle plug, can you share a link with me to buy 50 of these for £30 as you stated as I don't seem to find them in quantities greater than 10 for £9.50

Sorry I forgot about that - I've posted the link in that thread.

WandrinAndy
20-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Just for the record, I sadly didn't get Adil's drivers... lightning fingered Irving beat me to it!

So if anyone else would like to sell 3xPM752 drivers, I am interested.

Andy

irving2008
20-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Just for the record, I sadly didn't get Adil's drivers... lightning fingered Irving beat me to it!

Andy

Sorry :barbershop_quartet_

Just for once (and it rarely, if ever, happens) I was in the right place at the right time... and made a decision to go for it instead of procrastinating until too late lol... they may not be the bestest or greatest, but they'll serve for my purposes...

deannos
20-08-2012, 01:30 PM

Andy

Would you be interested in 3 x PM542 drivers and power supply

WandrinAndy
20-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately not Dean.... I'm after the higher voltage... Thanks for the offer though.

WandrinAndy
24-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Started looking at the difference between digital and analogue drivers, and it looks to me as if the AM882 may be a discontinued model?

The Leadshine website has it categorised under Other Discrete Stepper Drives - Leadshine Technology Co., Ltd. (http://leadshine.com/ProductList.aspx?Type=34) which states : "Leadshine has a history of more than 12 years in designing and manufacturing stepping drives. Many reserved or discontinued models are still widely used in thousands of applications. You can find the information for these reserved or discontinued models here."

WandrinAndy
24-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Started looking at the difference between digital and analogue drivers, and it looks to me as if the AM882 may be a discontinued model?

The Leadshine website has it categorised under Other Discrete Stepper Drives - Leadshine Technology Co., Ltd. (http://leadshine.com/ProductList.aspx?Type=34) which states : "Leadshine has a history of more than 12 years in designing and manufacturing stepping drives. Many reserved or discontinued models are still widely used in thousands of applications. You can find the information for these reserved or discontinued models here."

Then again, it's copyright date is the most recent of all the manuals, so maybe it's just "reserved" outside of a particular model series and the "A" stands for Anti-stall or summat...

Iwant1
24-08-2012, 11:28 PM
looks to me as if the AM882 may be a discontinued model?

Thanks for getting me all worried Andy.

Actually, if it tried and tested by the forum experts, and you get a years guarantee from Zapp, than its all good in the hood.

WandrinAndy
24-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for getting me all worried Andy.

Sorry Adil... Lol... Certainly not intended.

Actually your recent change to digital drivers and Jazz's supportive comments have got me all worried that I'm investing in obsolete technology by NOT going digital, but the costs are soaring... Will you stop changing please! Lol.

I've actually just just made my first ever CNC purchase... Stepper motors from Zapp off eBay... £5 cheaper than when buying direct... and stupidly feel chuffed about doing some shopping... Maybe my soft feminine hormones are coming to the fore.