PDA

View Full Version : I'm guessing that peeps do have lives outside of MyCNC...

WandrinAndy
05-09-2012, 09:46 PM
There's been such a dearth of postings recently that I've come to the conclusion that many other members either do have lives outside of MyCNC... Or have fallen asleep... :congratulatory:

irving2008
05-09-2012, 10:03 PM
lol...errr yes.... tho my evenings recently have been taken up with the design of my workshop... which is sort of related I guess...

Fivetide
05-09-2012, 10:13 PM
I like to play world of tanks online .. big ww2 treadhead :)

m_c
05-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Careful there!
Some of those acusations might upset people :-)

Since I finally have a working CNC, I've been too busy ordering the final bits and tweaking G-code to worry about posting here.
My excitement for tonight was managing to reduce machining time for one part by 10 seconds to just under 2 minutes, just by tweaking tool change positions and increasing the drilling peck depth. I'm aiming for sub 1:30, which I think is acheivable, as going by spindle current I can drop one of the roughing operations, which also means the chipbreaker on the insert should actually work removing the need to continually remove strands of alu before they wrap around the chuck. Also I'm hoping to figure out some way to tweak the drilling operation, as pecking at 3mm intervals to stop the drill clogging in a 32mm deep hole is time consuming. Might swap that to manual code, as I reckon the first 15-20mm can be done without pecking but with just short pauses to break the strands, before going to full retraction pecking to prevent clogging...
Tomorrow's excitement will be tweaking the code on the mating part, which could result in tears, as I need to see how hard I can push the 8mm boring bar...

WandrinAndy
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Lol... I've been following your workshop thread with interest Irving... it's definitely related.

I have an odd feeling that time's almost come to a standstill.... Spent today expecting some sub-project purchases to be delivered... which didn't arrive... and I don't want to move onto the next step before that sub-project is done...

Oh well, suppose I should just have an early night!

WandrinAndy
05-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Cheers FiveTide and m_c.... That sounds more interesting than my evening... Even popped outside in the hope of seeing the Northern Lights (from Leeds). Lol

Night Night.

Fivetide
05-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I did build my work bench frame tonight actually (other thread + pics) (http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/mills-routers-lathes-commercial-machines/5022-journey-begins-new-me-my-first-cnc-black-cat.html) .. so I have not actually been outside the CNC sphere of influence lol !! I has a beer in a glass now.. sorry .. I did have a beer in a glass now I need to get another :) Norhtern lights ? be carefull if your in yorkshire someone will find a reason to charge you for looking !

Iwant1
05-09-2012, 11:05 PM
have lives outside of MyCNC... Or have fallen asleep... :congratulatory:

Or on holiday... Although I did check up every night. Canada's 5 hrs ahead so everyone was here was tucked in and snoring when I logged in.

Making a new thread soon on the interesting home DIY features and products I witnessed there. They seem so far ahead of us.

Adil

Jonathan
06-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I've been having far too much fun making a CNC router over the past few days to post here...

Also I'm hoping to figure out some way to tweak the drilling operation, as pecking at 3mm intervals to stop the drill clogging in a 32mm deep hole is time consuming. Might swap that to manual code, as I reckon the first 15-20mm can be done without pecking but with just short pauses to break the strands, before going to full retraction pecking to prevent clogging...

I've done that before now in aluminium and nylon when I've had a lot of holes to drill. Find and replace works well, especially if you open it in notepad++

motoxy
06-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Well i thought I had a life outside cnc but now I come to think of it I am either looking at various sites, playing with progs or rebuilding for the umpteenth time the drive train on my m/c to try to work out why I cannot go more than 2000mm/min on the x axis. Wish i could share that beer with you.:very_drunk:

bruce