PDA

View Full Version : another tool hight setting proble :)

blackburn mark
08-09-2012, 01:52 PM
After reading Hilton Steve's post on his tool hight probe and how useful it was i thought id give it a go.
As i am a tad paranoid about driving my tool straight through the probe I also thought I would add a couple of E-Stop switches in parallel under the spring loaded contact

looks posh :)
simple :)
should have grabbed a sharper tool :(
the switches run straight back to my bob E-stop (iv not wired it up yet, ill feel much better when I do)... the washer makes contact to the brass contact through the spring

this could be made much lower profile as its a bit tall... i may have to have another go at this but for now ill see how we get on :)

JAZZCNC
08-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Simple and clever that mate good idea.. .:applause:

On a side note and to reassure you I've used tool height and touch plate for years and never ounce failed or pushed tool thru plate or bed.

blackburn mark
08-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Simple and clever that mate good idea.. .:applause:

On a side note and to reassure you I've used tool height and touch plate for years and never ounce failed or pushed tool thru plate or bed.

sounds promising :)
it may be over cautious but my head just cant chill when the tool is decending.
this way i can scratch my balls flick my fag ash and set my tool hight all in one go :pirate:

motoxy
08-09-2012, 10:03 PM
sounds promising :)
it may be over cautious but i my head just cant chill when the tool is decending.
this way i can scratch my balls flick my fag ash and set my tool hight all in one go :pirate:

Better not get that in the wrong order !!!!

audioandy
08-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Better not get that in the wrong order !!!!

Mint! :hysterical: