PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play World Of Tanks ?

Fivetide
08-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Just interested if anyone play world of tanks? I also play EvE online it will be 10 years next July I'm toying with going to FanFest, anyway it was just one of those questions. ( I did do a search first, this time and got no results :nevreness: )

Washout
09-09-2012, 04:26 PM
I play Eve, although only occasionally these days and my main will also be 10 years old next May :-)

John S
09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
I used to repair Centurion tanks, does that count ?

Fivetide
09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
I used to repair Centurion tanks, does that count ?

wow awesome ! they are bringing out the Beitish tanks next year including a Centurion

Well done washout .. I dont play that often I do get bored with it now adays

Zadig
09-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Drove 432's and Warriors in the Persian Gulf, does that count?

blackburn mark
09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
chopper in NAM ?

Jonathan
09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Teacher at school made an injection mould for tank tracks which were very roughly 25x40mm, does that count?

Gary
09-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I used to be a Gunner on a chieftain and Challenger tank when i was in the army.

John S
09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Well Gary if you were a gunner on Chieftains you weren't very busy then, those bastard things spent more time broke down than running. :barbershop_quartet_

John S
09-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Teacher at school made an injection mould for tank tracks which were very roughly 25x40mm, does that count?

Sorry mate those creds are naff.
about as relevant as ower plumber who fits water tanks.

Gary
09-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Not my tank, they were old though, came into service in about 67 and were still in service when i left in 95.
I did like the Chally though, changing an engine over night in the rain was fun.

Well Gary if you were a gunner on Chieftains you weren't very busy then, those bastard things spent more time broke down than running. :barbershop_quartet_

Jonathan
09-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Sorry mate those creds are naff.
about as relevant as ower plumber who fits water tanks.

Yea you're right, I meant to post it in this thread:
http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/general-metal-wood-working/5061-has-anyone-made-any-metal-tank-treads-1-16th-models.html#post35307

Fivetide
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Well I’ve never been in a tank, I probably wouldn’t fit through the hatch lol plus tanks are big targets so I think I’d rather be a REMF pushing buttons and blowing shit up from another countryJ. I was watching videos on YouTube about the RipTide tank

and it was pretty detailed , they designed a very simple but highly effective track and train system which I’ll attempt to miniaturise for a project later on, quite frankly it’s cheaper to buy the alloy upgrades from ebay than set it all up myself. I have some FPV equipment I want to install on my Pershing 1/16th and try and remote drive it, just to get to grips with the electronics, then I want to use the CNC to make a TROV tacked – remote – operated – vehicle I’ve seen some bog standard tracked chassis and the cheapest one for the size I want to make is a bout £2000, so sod that I’ll have a bash at making my own.
I see a Centurion tank everyday as I drive past Leyland,

if they were built anything like the cars they made I’m surprised they ever actually started ! I drove a 6 month old Leyland Road Train once which set on fire at Fleetwood docks, I never drove one again.

John S
09-09-2012, 09:22 PM
The Cent was brilliant, one of the few tanks that can do a full neutral turn.
We used to get them going that fast in a neutral turn the apprentices used to throw up all over each other and once one starts they all yodel.

m.marino
10-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Does crew on an M60A3 count? Loved those and yes you could do a true neutral 360 no problem in them. My commander (the company XO) loved it when I was driving. As I could get us places that they said wouldn't go. Yeah had to be careful over certain terrain as they would through a track way to quick. Bore sighting them was a pain in the back side, but I do have to admit that the trust and teamwork you get on a track is hard to find anywhere else. I left the unit due to moving just as they where getting the M1's in which was a bummer as they where getting the A1 variant which according to some friends really had functioning turret stability at speed.

Michael

Fivetide
10-09-2012, 11:46 AM
The Cent was brilliant, one of the few tanks that can do a full neutral turn.
We used to get them going that fast in a neutral turn the apprentices used to throw up all over each other and once one starts they all yodel.

Its the Tanks I'm most looking forward to on W.O.T

Does crew on an M60A3 count? Loved those and yes you could do a true neutral 360 no problem in them. My commander (the company XO) loved it when I was driving. As I could get us places that they said wouldn't go. Yeah had to be careful over certain terrain as they would through a track way to quick. Bore sighting them was a pain in the back side, but I do have to admit that the trust and teamwork you get on a track is hard to find anywhere else. I left the unit due to moving just as they where getting the M1's in which was a bummer as they where getting the A1 variant which according to some friends really had functioning turret stability at speed.

Michael

You should have a go .. its free and browser based

this is the US tech tree