PDA

View Full Version : Well it passed the full Test cut.

m.marino
15-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Here are pictures of the test cut that I did to really put the CNC router to. Goal was seeing how well it cut and what the result would be from the required ability to:

Not lose steps (position loss)
Run at speed
Finish of work

It passed pretty much cleanly with only a few problems with the Ethernet card and that is being dealt with by Smooth Stepper and I have to say that they give very good support. Due to the few minor issues I was able to truly test the positional memory of the machine as had to restart cuts at a few locations.

The item below was cut under the following conditions:

Rapids where at 8000 mm/min Velocity with Acceleration of of 1250 mm/sec^2
Cutting was done at 950 mm/min and plunges where done at 850 mm/min
Bit was a 60° single spiral flue engraving endmill from Sorotec.de
Cut time was 2 hrs and 43 minutes plus time for starts and resets.
Material is smokey translucent acrylic that is 10 mm thick
Deepest cuts are i believe to be about 5 mm.

So here is the pictures. 68786879

Hope you enjoy and I will try to remember to take some video when doing other cuts.

Michael.

motoxy
15-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Top quality Michael. Well done.

JAZZCNC
15-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Awwww. . Our baby's starting to come of age Micheal I'm starting to get all emotional. :sentimental: . . . . .Well done.:thumsup:

wilfy
15-09-2012, 03:56 PM
that looks awesome... i dream of my machine doing something like this i really do.

p.s that acrylic backing looks identical to the stuff i've bought recently.. it's not from henleys by any chance is it?

JAZZCNC
15-09-2012, 04:00 PM
p.s that acrylic backing looks identical to the stuff i've bought recently.. it's not from henleys by any chance is it?

That acrylic isn't backing it's actually the material it's cut into.? . . . .Looks like aluminium at first glance doesn't it.!!

wilfy
15-09-2012, 04:18 PM
the backing is still on at the right hand side of the piece... and yes it does look like alu at first glance, it's amazing

JAZZCNC
15-09-2012, 06:19 PM
the backing is still on at the right hand side of the piece... and yes it does look like alu at first glance, it's amazing

Doh.!! . . .Yep get what you mean now.!

Web Goblin
15-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Now thats nice. Well done Michael. Where did you get the acrylic from?

m.marino
15-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Now thats nice. Well done Michael. Where did you get the acrylic from?

Got it as off cuts from a company in Livingston out in the Industrial park out there. I would have to go back through the receipts to give you an exact name for the company. 10 mm thick stuff and got it rather cheap.

Michael

TrickyCNC
15-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Congrats on the 1st cutz :) It's a great feeling isn't it !

Tenson
15-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I can't find your build log, where are the machine pictures?!