PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello world. Norway calling.

Einar
06-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi,

I Live close to Oslo, Norway.
I converted my Tos FN20 about 10 years ago. Using Mach3 and EMC2 to control it.

The last 3-4 years I built a new workshop as my basement is already filled up with machines.
There I can actually see large parts of the floor, which is a new experience to me.

I have browsed through this forum and found it to have a pleasant information to noise ratio and a friendly note. I have a bunch of servos, ballscrews, linear rails etc after a serious shopping spree on Ebay when I rebuilt the TOS. I took my medicine and recovered, but the stuff is still there, and I now have the space to maybe use it for someting fun.

My daily work is in automation and electronics. At the moment I'm designing a motor drive. So I may have something to contribute as this experience made my work easier when I did my machine.

You're welcome to come and have a look: Thumbnails (http://sjaavik.com/CNC/images/pictures.html)
The VPU mill never got finished. It lived in my old garage that was demolished to make space for the workshop and with nowhere to store it, it left in a dumpster.

Have a nice day.
Einar

Hmm... Error. I'm not allowed to use tags. Trying again.

WandrinAndy
06-10-2012, 10:04 PM
... found it to have a pleasant information to noise ratio and a friendly note.

Hmm... Error. I'm not allowed to use tags. Trying again.

Welcome to the forum Einar. I think some forum functions only become available once your first one or three posts have been moderated.... to reduce spam probably.

Agree the forum's got a friendly and helpful note to it... Even the occasional bickering is usually tinged with humour. Well, it makes me chuckle!