PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever bought a Router from China? (not ebay ones)

sly666
31-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Hello.

I am looking to get a 1200x1200 CNC Router from China.

Yes i am aware of the duty & VAT i will pay and the product support will be sketchy to say the least.
But the savings are still to good to ignore.

I was on the verge of doing a deal with Jinan Zhuoke but pulled out as they want full payment before the machine even leaves China, and i have no security in the transaction.

They wont accept paypal, even if i cover the costs. Even if they did there is a clause in paypal's buyer protection which excludes "industrial machinery" So i don't think i'm covered anyway.

I was going to use Alibaba's Escrow service, but their small print states that full payment is released to the seller once the machine is loaded onto the ship, as opposed to when i receive the goods if sent by airfreight.
They could be loading a empty box for all i know!

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy Chinese seller with a good history of sending machines to the UK?

Jonathan
01-11-2012, 12:40 AM
I was going to use Alibaba's Escrow service, but their small print states that full payment is released to the seller once the machine is loaded onto the ship, as opposed to when i receive the goods if sent by airfreight.
They could be loading a empty box for all i know!

Have you looked on Aliexpress? They only release the payment to the seller once the item is delivered and you've confirmed that it is fine.

martin54
01-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Do they have any sort of vetting procedures for sellers Jonathan?? I ask because although there are some good Chinese manufacturers there are also a lot of companies knocking out clones using inferior components which means it can be a minefield knowing who to buy from. I would only buy from over there on a recommendation, especially if spending a lot of money. You could end up with a machine that seemed to be fine & was ok for a week or two by which time the money has been released.

sly666
01-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Hi Thanks for your reply.

Yes. In fact that was the first place i looked.

If you look at all the CNC routers advertised on Aliexpress you see that no seller has any feedback for sold items. and a couple have neg feedback stating the seller cancelled their order and asked them to deal direct outside of Aliexpress.
As far as i can work out Aliexpress dont support sea freight for any items. Only airfreight which qualify for escrow payment on goods arrival.
One seller on aliexpress told me the transaction would need to go through Aliexpress Escrow which supports sea frieght which means i have to pay when the goods are loaded, not received.

I guess Aliexpress dont bother removing these dodgy sellers as they still profit from sales through their sister company Alibaba.

m_c
03-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Alibaba has an escrow service that covers sea freight, however the seller has to be registered for it, and I think approved/verified by Alibaba. If you order anything with express shipping aka non-sea freight, the transaction has to go through aliexpress.