PDA

View Full Version : options for 3020 router spindle?

arborealad
19-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Hey guys. Ive not actuall taken delivery of my 2030 yet but im already thinking of upgrading some parts when it arrives.
Apart from giving it a quality rewire id also like to change the spindle for something a bit beefier.

My little proxxon mf70 mill will be made redundant upon its arrival so i was wondering if anyone has retrofitted the spindle from one of these onto a 3020? The proxxon is a quality little unit with a variable spindle speed of upto 20,000 rpm.

Im all ears.
Cheers
Adam.

njhussey
19-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Just looking at the specs of the 3020 and your Proxxon the 3020 has a 200W spindle and your Proxxon is a 100W spindle so you'd be downgrading power...probably upgrading quality mind ;)

Why don't you make your own spindle? I have (not used it as not built my machine yet!) so it must be fairly easy lol there are a few threads on here to guide you?

arborealad
19-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi Neil. Your right mate. I completely overlooked the power rating! whoops. Il have to browse a few threads to get some ideas. Not trying to turn it into a mega machine. Would just like it to be reliable mostly.
Thanks for the help.

njhussey
19-11-2012, 10:13 PM
This is Mark's thread which is what I used to do mine.

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3793

I'm going to make a smaller one for wood and engraving but for the time being when I get my machine built I'll be using my little Proxxon 50/E spindle as I'll only be cutting balsa :)