PDA

View Full Version : Need some money making project ideas

Fivetide
20-11-2012, 12:59 AM
To keep this simple what I need is some way of utilising the equipment I have and make some money until my amplifier cases get up and running.

As it stands I have a small CNC 300 x 200mm
Band saw
Planer and thicknesses 8” x 10”
Cross cut saw, soft metals and wood.
Belt and disk sander 10”
Small lathe
Vacuum chamber for resins and casting ( clear casting, cold cast metals, or resins)

Biscuit joiner
Lots of clamps
Veneer cutter for CNC (will hopefully work)
Small workshop but some good benches
Pillar drill
Spindle moulder fixed bed
Various engraving bits
lots of of other bog standard wood working hand tools.. glues etc

I can get would cut to size at the workshop 50 yards away so that’s not a problem.

What I need is some simple products that I can make that will give me a fair profit that people will want to buy at say a arts and crafts fair. I was thinking of high end picture frames, with marquetry and inlays which are easy with my tools, but I do need other ideas or I have to lock up the workshop and go contracting for the man away from my home and family.

Peter Griffin
20-11-2012, 11:38 PM
What about a machine that will predict next weeks winning lottery numbers!

Tenson
21-11-2012, 03:35 AM
How about making some upgrade spindles for those with the lower-end eBay CNC machines? You can lathe the main body and fit some outrunner motors, bearings etc.. The entry price for a water-cooled spindle is high and below that you only have the 200watt jobbies that come on the CNC3040.

Jonathan
21-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Touch probes...

m.marino
21-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Lithophanes, custom boxes, go down to your local Marina and get to know folks if one is near by. Local sports club to see if they need or know of some one needing plaques. Also any of the local schools or Social organizations. With your current set up signs of any real size are pretty much a no go. Custom wooden mugs sealed with acrylic. Custom parts for local RC clubs. best thing is get out to you local craftsmen and find out what they need in small project items.

Best of luck and hope that these ideas help a bit.

Michael

motoxy
21-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Bank robbery, Now before you poo-poo the idea just think about it. If you succeed then your minted and if you fail someone else pays all the bills. Cannot say fairer then that!!!

Norman Fletcher
Slade Prison

i2i
21-11-2012, 04:36 PM
make two pound coins

HankMcSpank
22-11-2012, 10:55 PM
make two pound coins

If he goes to all the trouble, he may as well make a whole heap of them rather than just two. ;-)

i2i
22-11-2012, 11:12 PM
lol, someone had to say it...

Fivetide
22-11-2012, 11:40 PM
..!., :pirate: ,.!..

njhussey
23-11-2012, 09:50 AM
How about the 3D ply slot together toys like the T Rex, planes etc...plenty of DXFs out there?