PDA

View Full Version : TurboCAD V16 to DXF

Saracen
26-11-2012, 12:27 PM
I've just tried to transfer a 3D part from TurboCAD to the Planet-CNC CNC-USB software and most of it seems to have been lost.

Looking at the DXF file in Autodesk's DWG Trueview software, it all seems to be there as I would expect.

So is there a knack to transferring between CAD and CAM, especially with TurboCAD, or would I get better looking for something more aligned with doing the CAD part of CAD/CAM ?

Adrian.

martin54
26-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Ok I don't use the software your talking about but most work in a similar way, you will probably be exporting from Turbocad if your saving as a DXF file so you need to make sure you select the complete drawing before you try to export it. If you only have a part of the drawing selected most programs will only export that part.

motoxy
26-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Actually if you can see the dxf in autocad viwer then it must have exported. I would suggest that possibly you may have selected the wrong dxf standard. Try using the rev 12 autocad dxf. Sometimes the newer revisions are not acceptable to other programs.
Bruce

Saracen
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I sent the DXF to someone with TurboCAD 19 Deluxe and it wouldn't load for him either - just gave a blank drawing - so it doesn't even work between versions.

The DXF set up page has a whole bunch of settings, so I guess I need to work through them until I find, hopefully, the combination which works.

Adrian.