PDA

View Full Version : Boxford 125 CNC retrofit advice

pneanvil
03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi all after many years with conventional lathes and mills I decided to have a pop at this cnc stuff,so I recently picked up a Boxford125cnc lathe with a view to upgrading and was hoping for ideas as how best to proceed.
I came across a website for cncdoctor (uk) who offer a service to retofit Boxfords,has anyone had dealings with them,or more to the point ever managed to get a reply?
regards pneanvil

njhussey
04-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi there, welcome to the site! Can't help you on the retrofitting of your lathe I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will be along who can :)

Fivetide
05-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Hi dude I'm just up the road from you in Freckleton, I bought a lathe from a old bloke in Euxton , now he had a few lathes in mid revamping, he may be able to help or might know someone I’ll email him. Actually no.. go direct I talked to him once so it’s not as if he’s my trench buddy, His name is Phil, he has a fantastic workshop email is : *REMOVED* I really hope he can help .If you need any Small CNC work and have the drawings or small lathe work let me know and you can pop over and use mine.

pneanvil
05-12-2012, 01:07 PM
HI fivetide,Thanks for your reply and offer of help.I think I know the guy in Euxton and had dealings with in in the past
I am hopeing for a few replies from members who have retro fitted a Boxford 125 tcl lathe as these seem to be a popular upgrade.Thanks again for makeing contact,regards pneanvil.

i2i
05-12-2012, 11:47 PM
i'll pm you my number, i've converted quite a few of these.